cave tube and zip line

avic77

I am seeing that .com and viv has a combo package for cave tubing and zipline... has anyone it?

I was planning to zip line in Roatan but would like a beach day. Plus i would save $$ if i do the combo in belize instead of 2 seperate excursions at the 2 different ports.

I'm actually planning to do the same thing on my cruise. I used .com to book and figured I would do both because it's cheaper and would kill 2 birds with one stone. From everything I've read it is great, the only complaint I've seen has been that one group of people wasn't sure who their guide was and didn't think to ask so they had to go searching around for him.

Just returned from cruise including Belize and Roatan. We used VIV for the cave tubing and absolutely loved it. Their guide George was amazing with our 73 year old family member who needed a little extra time on the walk to the launch. I have an extensive review I can post if you want.

Additionally, we went to Pirates of the Caribbean Zip Canopy in Roatan. Pirates did a great deal for us of a visit to the Iguana Farm, Pirates Extremely Extreme Zip, and finished with a visit to Parrot Tree Resort for our beach break. That was all for $75.00 each. Their guide Edder was awesome and would have done anything we decided to do that day. He offered to drive us to the highest point in Roatan, or even the other side of the island. I also have an extensive review of them I can post if you want as well.

I'm curious as to how VIV can combine tubing and zipline and still have enough time to do both.

We did tubing with VIV a few weeks ago. Ship arrived at 8 am and we were on the 2nd tender, got to shore a little before 9 am. Stated meeting time for tour was 9 am with 9:30 am departure.

After signing waivers, getting the groups split up into different vans, etc, we were off. Van ride was about 1.5 hours, then 45 min walk to tubing launch, then about an hour tubing, then some time to dry off/change and the return drive (another 1.5 hours).

When all was done, we weren't back at the port until a little after 3 pm. Last tender was 4 pm.

How can they squeeze in ziplining unless they cut-back on the tubing time?

Trabeler, I agree with your question. It has to be a bit of a rushed excursion. The zipline and cave tour is at the same location. Additionally, the zip portion is 100' high with longest zip at about 700 feet. Six zips to complete, that are relatively short. I would guess it would take about 15-20 minutes to complete the zip portion of the tour. Then change into swim gear if needed and begin your walk to the tube launch. Some cave tours were being hustled past our group quickly by their guides. Perhaps that is how they can combine the two excursions into one tour.

Archived