Conquest week of 12/30 - Lamanai 1/3/13??

Brennan24

Really want to go to Lamanai with a reputable company that I know will get us back to the ship in time. I wanted to do it through Belize Cruise Excursions but apparently that's full. Any suggestions would be really helpful! :)

Really want to go to Lamanai with a reputable company that I know will get us back to the ship in time. I wanted to do it through Belize Cruise Excursions but apparently that's full. Any suggestions would be really helpful! :)

Not too sure if I would try this excursion outside the ship. We shall be doing it on NCL, via the ship, it is 7 1/2 hours long. It is the first tour to leave and return to the boat. Due to the time I would think it does not give you much buffer if doing outside the ship. You don't want to miss the last tender back to the ship.

You can try booking privately, I've done it before with Belize Cruise Ship Taxi Tour Guide Association, it's a very large tour company in Belize port area, we were lucky to get a great guide for that day "way" realwaytogo at yahoo dot com. He did all the worrying about time and was able to wrap up the tour in 51/2 hours and get us back in gentle record time!

Last year we did the Lamanai and River cruise on our Christmas cruise on Mariner of the Seas. We booked directly through the RC cruiseline. With the travel time and excursion time combined it was a long day but well worth it.

It was a good thing I booked it through the cruise line. Our bus got stuck in traffic on the way back and we were about 45 minutes late getting back to the ship.

Very glad we hadn't booked with a private company. I'm not sure the ship would have waited for us.

If you're interested in seeing pictures, my wife posted a few on her website. The slideshow includes the river cruise first, then pics of the ruins.

Here is the link http://nancysoasis.com/belize/belize.html

Happy Sailing.

Thanks so much for all of the help. My heart is set on going. If I do miss the ship, I have 24 hours to pick it up again in Cozumel, so I'm not too worried. I found a company on-line that guarantees they'll get us back to the ship on time or pay to transport us to the next port. I'm waiting to hear back from them now. Pictures look amazing. I can't wait to go! Thanks everyone for all of the help! :)

Archived