uniworld bringing wine onboard

jake69

does anyone have any experience with this? is it alowed, can you bring outside of your room. if so is there a corkage fee ? asking because we are going on the castle along the rhine in May

You can bring all you want onboard, nothing will be said. If you are drinking outside of your room, having it in a glass would be best. I have never seen anyone bring their own bottle to the lounge or dining room. I don't know if they have a corkage fee if you do. Since wine and beer are complimentary during meals, why would you want to bring your own? They do vary the wines each night to complement the meal.

. Since wine and beer are complimentary during meals, why would you want to bring your own? They do vary the wines each night to complement the meal.

Have not sailed on Uniworld but re wine in general, we like nicer wines and have found selections very limited on river cruises for the varietals we enjoy.

We often pick up a nice bottle in port and happily pay the corkage to enjoy it with dinner. Just because wine is included is not enough reason for us to drink it but we are wine enthusiasts and know what we like.

does anyone have any experience with this? is it alowed, can you bring outside of your room. if so is there a corkage fee ? asking because we are going on the castle along the rhine in May

We travelled with Avalon in august, I didnt see anyone bring their own wine to the dining room, but thats not to say they didnt. People did take their own to the top deck and other areas, we had wine glasses in our staterooms, so it wasnt a problem.

• 6 months later...
does anyone have any experience with this? is it alowed, can you bring outside of your room. if so is there a corkage fee ? asking because we are going on the castle along the rhine in May[/quote

I have sailed with Uniworld multiple times and have never been charged a corkage fee. Enjoy!!

We've brought wine onboard Uniworld before - zero issues doing so.

Have never tried to consume what we brought on, so can't answer if there is a corkage fee. I would give a call to the friendly folks at Uniworld and get their response.

They will serve local wines during your cruise from the areas you will be cruising, but if you have a special bottle you want to have with dinner, even if there is a corkage fee, the amount will be minimal in comparison to what you are paying for your cruise.

Archived