Cheers on 2 More Ships

coops

When Carnival have announced this on the other ships, how long has it taken for them to implement it ?? I have a friend who's going on the Legend in mid January and he was wondering if he'd have the opportunity to try the "Cheers" thing...

When announced it usually starts on the next cruise out on that ship...

When Carnival have announced this on the other ships, how long has it taken for them to implement it ?? I have a friend who's going on the Legend in mid January and he was wondering if he'd have the opportunity to try the "Cheers" thing...

JH specifically said on this coming cruise. It better be on Conquest in 2 days!

691.50 for a couple is quite a bit of money, thats the price of a whole other cruise!!! I cant believe so many people are rushing to buy this!!!

I understand convenience, but when you factor in the Port days, does anyone really think its a bargin?

Just asking!!!! I think there will still be people "sneaking" their own drinks on board!!

But to each their own!! Happy Drinking!!!

Sooooo happy it's on the Conquest!!! Booking the Conquest for April soon and I will definitely get this...again! I already tried it on the Splendor and it worked great for us. No need to keep track of my Sail and Sign bill and constantly be figuring out what i spent. Also it was great to get to try new drinks- if I didn't like them I didn't feel bad about not drinking it. With the Conquest having an Alchemy bar this is going to be GREAT!!!!!!

691.50 for a couple is quite a bit of money, thats the price of a whole other cruise!!! I cant believe so many people are rushing to buy this!!!

I understand convenience, but when you factor in the Port days, does anyone really think its a bargin?

I agree with you. We're not heavy drinkers (maybe 2-4 per day) so this wouldn't be a bargain at all for us. And like you said, when port days are factored in would you really "get your money's worth" on those days?

And if I'm understanding it right, frozen alcoholic drinks are not even included. :( Those are the kind I like best! Miami Vice, Kiss on the Lips, etc. etc. So wouldn't be worth it at all for me. :(

Just asking!!!! I think there will still be people "sneaking" their own drinks on board!!

But to each their own!! Happy Drinking!!!

Do you think they will be sober enough to find their way off the ship?? :p

And if I'm understanding it right, frozen alcoholic drinks are not even included. :( Those are the kind I like best! Miami Vice, Kiss on the Lips, etc. etc. So wouldn't be worth it at all for me. :(

You are mistaken.. they ARE included.. as is any alcoholic drink under $10.

Kind of negates the whole prepaid meet and greet party if you purchase it.:D

"Cheers" Beverage Program

*** This program is now out of trial and is quickly coming to additional Carnival ships. ***

*** This page will be continually updated with the latest program details and list of ships currently offering it. ***

Currently Available On

(last updated 12/6/2012)

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Victory

The "Cheers" Beverage Program (previously named the My Awesome Bar Program! while being tested on a trial basis) is flat-rate daily pricing for alcoholic drinks, non-alcoholic frozen drinks, wine by the glass and soda.

What started out as a trial in August on the Carnival Victory now includes numerous additional Carnival ships due to overwhelming popularity and very few reported issues. The program is expected to available throughout Carnival's entire fleet (with the exception of the Carnival Spirit (see Note 1 below).

The per-cruise cost for the "Cheers" Beverage Program is $42.95 per person per day, plus a 15 percent gratuity (for a total of $49.40 per person per day). The program must be purchased on the embarkation day or the next day. Beverages, including beers, individual cocktails, wines by the glass, and non-alcoholic frozen drinks all must have a $10.00 or lower menu price to qualify for inclusion in the program. For drinks with a menu price over $10.00 a 25% discount is offered, this includes wine and champagne by the bottle. Sodas are also included in the program for free. Bottled water is offered at a 25% discount.

Restrictions:

Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.

Only one drink at a time may be ordered. No sharing is permitted.

Applicable state and local taxes will be applied when in US waters.

There is no drink limit set per day. (see Note 2 below)

Carnival reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.

Program does NOT include the following:

Beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs.

Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses.

Beverages offered at gangway while debarking.

Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets.

Beverages offered through enomatic machines.

Coffee beverages and food items.

Bottles of liquor.

All other beverage-related programs including cookbooks and bar books, beverage seminars and classes, as well as cigars.

Additional Notes:

1) After transitioning to Australia the Carnival Spirit will not be offering this program.

2) From Carnival: "There is a flag in the system that shows when the 15th drink is served [in a day] and then a manager will judge if for the guests safety we will continue to serve them or not."

Whether or not it's worth it just depends on the people involved, as well as the itinerary and what kind of experience you are going for. If it's a port intensive family reunion cruise, then you likely wouldn't get your money's worth. However, if it's a cruise in which you plan to just relax and enjoy the ship all week, with not much planned in port, you could very easily get a good value from this. We are going on the Conquest, and while our normal bar bill is nowhere near the cost of the Cheers program, we are going to splurge and get it. I'd like to try the various drinks and the Alchemy Bar and the special cocktails at the other new venues without worrying I won't like them - it will add to our cruise experience in a very positive way, being able to sample new things without worrying about the Sail and Sign bill adding up. But this may be a one time thing, I don't believe we will do it again on our next sailing...

it was on Legend last week 12/2-12/9 --- the crew found out same time we did, upon embarkation.

we do not drink enough for it to work in our favor, but we did know people who purchased the program and got their money's worth....and they were not falling down drunk.

curious what they will do around spring break time....

Archived