News from Delta about Economy Comfort

hondorner

Some weeks ago there was a thread about booking Economy Comfort on Delta. At that time, it wass correctly reported that one had to be "ticketed" in order to add Economy Comfort. For Flights booked by Oceania, that usually means having used a Deviation, and putting in a request that the tickets be paid.

Today, I received an Email from Delta as follows:

Booking a more comfortable seat is easier than ever.

You can now select an Economy Comfort™ seat when booking a flight at delta.com, rather than waiting until after your ticket is purchased. Simply choose Economy Comfort during your seat selection. This new process makes it easier than ever to experience more space and comfort onboard.

When flying Economy Comfort, which is available on all two-class flights worldwide, you'll enjoy priority boarding and three to four inches of additional legroom. On select international flights, you'll also experience up to 50% more recline and complimentary beer, wine and spirits. Plus, Medallion® members and customers purchasing Y, B and M fares receive complimentary access or discounted pricing.

While I have no further information, this seems to suggest that as soon as Oceania gives you the booking code (usually right away when using a deviation), you should be able to purchase Economy Comfort right away. It's certainly worth a try; anyone who does, it would be nice to report back what you found. I have no upcoming Delta flights, so I can't do it.

Some weeks ago there was a thread about booking Economy Comfort on Delta. At that time, it wass correctly reported that one had to be "ticketed" in order to add Economy Comfort. For Flights booked by Oceania, that usually means having used a Deviation, and putting in a request that the tickets be paid.

Today, I received an Email from Delta as follows:

While I have no further information, this seems to suggest that as soon as Oceania gives you the booking code (usually right away when using a deviation), you should be able to purchase Economy Comfort right away. It's certainly worth a try; anyone who does, it would be nice to report back what you found. I have no upcoming Delta flights, so I can't do it.

Hondorner, thank you for the information. That must be a very recent change. I had booked my air fare on Crystal for a cruise leaving Dec. 9. I booked maybe 8 or 9 months ago. I wanted to upgrade to Economy Comfort. I called Delta and they told me I could not upgrade until Crystal paid them for the ticket. I paid Crystal an additional $100 for the early ticketing-as I did not want to take a chance on the Economy Comfort seats being sold out. if you find out any additional information, please post.

I booked my flights online with Delta yesterday for my cruise next year. One seat was booked using miles and the other was paid. In both cases, I was not allowed to book my EC seat until I had paid for the ticket.

I got the same email but it was not working when I tried it.

I booked my flights online with Delta yesterday for my cruise next year. One seat was booked using miles and the other was paid. In both cases, I was not allowed to book my EC seat until I had paid for the ticket.

I got the same email but it was not working when I tried it.

Caviargal, did you try calling Delta? I am assuming that you tried to book the EC seat online.

I think I see what Delta is saying here: true you choose economy comfort seats before paying for the tickets, but you pay for tickets and upgrade during the same session on line [albeit towards the end] - not months later, or when O pays for the tickets.

This makes business sense for Delta, it's Oceania that should allow payment of the tickets before final cruise payment.

it's Oceania that should allow payment of the tickets before final cruise payment.

:confused:

Would that mean that you would lose the option of cancelling that Cruise from that moment forward, or that you would be willing to pay for that Delta ticket regardless? :confused:

Archived