Allure Secrets!!!

MelGurl

I will be sailing on Allure next year for my Honeymoon, wondering if people can leave a little secret (best food, hidden spots, best deck etc.) I love learning all about the ship before I get on, so I don't waste anytime when I am on vacation! :) Thanks in advance!

There are a lot of reviews of the Allure on this site, just search "Allure". However, having just completed a cruise, here are a few of my faves...

Best Food - chefs table - a fine dining experience with wine pairings for 16 people hosted by an executive chef and sommelier

Favourite Nook - Central park. Loved the greenery and open air

Best Entertainment - Ocean Aria and Blue Planet.

Favourite Bar - Enjoy a BBC at the Skydeck bar

1st tip is to look at everything. Sounds silly but the artwork in the different stairwells is pretty cool and there are hidden themes througout the ship. That being said:

1) Throughout the ship there are brass binnacles that look like a stachion or ashtray stand. At the top there is a piece of glass. Find them and look down through them. They are part of the 12 wonders (I think 12) around the ship. Each one is like looking through a telescope and there is a scene/design/artwork at the other end. Most people would never realize they are there.

2) Deck 11 aft (I hope I remeber it was 11, cold of been 14) is the best place watch shows in the aqua theater and to get away. Take the hallway all the was aft and go through the outside door. You will prolly have a cool balcony all to yourself. But visit park cafe 1st and grap a roast beef sandwich to take up there.

3) Forward glass elevator shaft. Marvel at the hanging artwork.

4) Boardwalk - stop to look at yourself in the funhouse mirrors. Also look at the merry go rouond horse carvings. Cool how they start with a block of wood and turn them into horses.

5) Forget what deck, I think 14 but you can access the outdoor passenger bridge wings. Have to take the port hallway all the way forward. Awesome spot for docking/undocking and they have binnoculars mounted on a stand you can look through (like the old coin op ones) We were in the Gulf and could spot oil platforms on the horizon as well as skyscrapers above the horizon I think in Cuba.

6) Movies under the Stars. Even if you are blasse' about movies go see one. Sooo relaxing watching the movies outdoors under stars with the ocean all around (aqua Theatre). I fell asleep each time but hey, don't have to wake to go to work! They play Grease one night with subtitles. kinda fun to sing along if you want. Note though. Don't wear your favorite white clothes. You will notice the next morning black spots which is the soot from the funnels if the wind is blowing just right.

Finally, by promenade cafe, where the sports car is, take a look around and there is a brass scuplture duplicating the scene exactly. Also note the knick knacks at the entrances to the venues, pretty neat.

ps: if you buy the drink of the day from the roving waitstaff, where they make it on the spot, they are pretty liberal with the rum. Be nice and you will get a pretty stiff drink.

Archived