Just back from Oasis--unofficial review

chil-laxin

Thoroughly enjoyed reading all your remarks.

Assumed that since you live in Orlando, you drove to port. We will be arriving from that area also and are wondering about parking at port. We have parked in structure for Pier 2 (Princess) several times, but port map shows only uncovered parking near Oasis pier. Did you park at the pier? Did you drop off bags, then park? Any tips?

Did you ever order room service breakfast for your balcony?

Am forwarding your review to our travelmates that aren't on CC...know they'll enjoy it. Thx again.

We did drive to port and have parked in the garages for Princess many times in the past as well.

I honestly found this to be the easiest embarkation I’ve ever done. They have set up that terminal to do a nice job of separating those getting on from those getting off. They had plenty of personnel there to guide you to the drop off area which is pretty much a big U-shaped curve manned by plenty of porters. Once you drop your stuff, you go about 50 more yards to a gate that swings up to let you in the open parking. It was very simple. We appreciated the standard parking lot over the garage because it was much quicker to find a spot, park, and walk the short distance back to the ship. It also made things easy getting off because we chose to carry our own bags off. With the parking garage, the one or two elevators in service could really be an issue meaning the wife would stay with the bags while I drove out the garage, paid, u-turned back into the terminal and wound through traffic to pick her and the luggage up. Here, you could simply just walk with the bags to the car and go. We chose to walk off at 6:15, were off the boat by 6:20, through customs by 6:30 and on 1-95 heading north 15 minutes later---very easy.

We arrived around 11:00 the morning of departure and checking in took no time at all. Since the ship was not open yet, they funnel you up an escalator to the 2nd floor of the terminal and seat you in the order you arrived. Around noon we got the all clear to board which started with D+ and Suites and then to the rest of us. It was highly organized and didn’t take very long. Rooms were open by 1pm and I recall getting our baggage about 1:30. It was a breeze.

Looks like drinks on Labadee are included, which is great! Just wondering if you might know - if we have already purchased the soda card online, will that be applied as a credit if we want to upgrade to the drink package once on board?

Yes. We had a wine package which we refunded prior to leaving knowing we would purchase the other package. However, I know you are able to do it on board as well. Keep in mind the soda cup that works with the Coke machines is not included as it would be with the soda package.

Yes. We had a wine package which we refunded prior to leaving knowing we would purchase the other package. However, I know you are able to do it on board as well. Keep in mind the soda cup that works with the Coke machines is not included as it would be with the soda package.

The Coke machines wouldn't be a big deal - we are pretty basic Coke or Sprite drinkers... I will keep the soda package we have for now, just in case we change our minds, and decide once on board. Thanks for the info!!

Archived