Shark Ray Alley

Cruisin' Again 86

We have taken this tour with Coral Breeze Tours many times & have always been shown a super time by Heni & her crew. FYI, this is a non ships tour with out the ships crowd of people & the snorkeling as well as the rays & shark are a fun time.

And the offered lunch on Caye Caulker is great & we get the stewed chicken with slaw & beans & rice which is the local dish. Request either white or dark meat when ordering.

Look up the Coral Breeze Tours site for all of the info.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Just got off the NCL Star cruise, Dec 16th and can recommend Coral Breeze Tours. The snorkeling was excellent and Heni and crew were all very professional. You can bring your own snorkel gear and vest which I do.

The boat ride to the reef is about 40 minutes and about 20 miles from Belize City. If they have a bigger party, then they use the bigger boat which provides more cover. We had an open top boat so make sure that you put on sunscreen. Also, I would not recommend this trip if you have back issues since the boat goes fast and can be bumpy.

The first reef, is Coral Gardens, and is beautiful with plenty of fish in about 20 feet of water. We even saw scuba divers swim beneath us. The 2nd stop was with the sharks and rays which was in about 5 foot of water. You don't have to wear any flippers or vest due to it being shallow. The rays will brush you feet which is a strange sensation. We saw about 4 nurse sharks which won't hurt you.

After the snorkeling, we were taken to the Tropical Paradise Hotel on Caye Caulker for lunch. We had about 1 hour on the island which seemed short when you get the lunch option. Next time, I will skip the lunch so that I can explore the island more. I did walk around several of the streets and felt very safe. This island has about 2,000 people and only 8 motor vehicles.

You will arrive back in Belize City with 2 hours to spare before your last tender to the ship.

Will use them again on a future cruise.

Archived