ATV tour only

weltek

Has anyone done the ATV ONLY tour with cavetubing.com? Do you end up waiting around to go back to port since most do a combo tour? If so, what is there to do during the wait?

I just did the ATV tour in November and they had a smaller van that brought us right back after we were done with lunch and having a few drinks.

Just be warned...it is very muddy...LOL! Here is a picture of our crew when we were done

9677_4936149284594_500723542_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Responding to my original thread with our experience!

We were the only two on the full bus that were doing ATV ONLY (no cave tubing or zipline). Lucky for us they dropped us off with others that were doing a combo and had us wait back and have a snack while they took the others on a shorter ride. Then we had a private ride on a ton of trails. It was crazy!

It was my first time on an ATV. As a 35 year old woman, it was super fun, but a litte scary at some points. They had a recent rain, so many times the water was almost up to my knees. Even the guide got stuck once, though, so I didn't feel bad about the two (or was it three?) times I got stuck. The guide definitely set us at a reasonable pace and kept an eye on us. He let us take the trails faster once he felt like I had the hang of it.

When done we got a private ride back to port, which was SO nice. The driver was nice enough to chat with us. He also asked if we were going to buy lunch that day in port, and if we were, recommended we stop at his aunt's restaurant instead of eating at port. It was a good recommendation-great food.

This was a very professional organization that clearly cares about customer service and safety, but still letting you have tons of fun.

• 8 months later...

Anyone else done this recently?..... How long is the ATV run.... How much time do you get on the ATV's? Do they give you free space to do what you want and gun it.... How long is this excursion? Will they pick you up at the tender port and drop you back off or do you have to wait for others that did the cave tubing and zipline?

Anyone else done this recently?..... How long is the ATV run.... How much time do you get on the ATV's? Do they give you free space to do what you want and gun it.... How long is this excursion? Will they pick you up at the tender port and drop you back off or do you have to wait for others that did the cave tubing and zipline?

I did this in November so about a year ago and no, they do not give you free space to gun it. It basically is riding the ATV in a muddy back yard in circles. We rode maybe about 45 mins, had lunch and a drink they we had a van take us back to the port. We didn't have to wait for the cave tubing or zipline to return.

It is about an hour and 15 minute ride from the port to the ATV site. Did we enjoy the excursion? It was ok. Would I do it again? No.

Archived