Cheers Program Question

Shooting Star II

I know everyone 21 or older in the cabin has to buy it, but what if DH and I are registered to different rooms? We booked two adjoining cabins- one for us and one for our kids. He's the bigger drinker so it would make more sense for him.

Has anyone done that?

The way I'm understanding it is if you are listed on one room and your DH is listed on the other and he wants to purchase the Cheers program, you will not have to purchase it. It is required that all 21 & over in EACH cabin must purchase or none at all. So, if he is the only adult listed on one of the cabins, he is the only one purchasing the program.

I know everyone 21 or older in the cabin has to buy it, but what if DH and I are registered to different rooms? We booked two adjoining cabins- one for us and one for our kids. He's the bigger drinker so it would make more sense for him.

Has anyone done that?

The way I'm understanding it is if you are listed on one room and your DH is listed on the other and he wants to purchase the Cheers program, you will not have to purchase it. It is required that all 21 & over in EACH cabin must purchase or none at all. So, if he is the only adult listed on one of the cabins, he is the only one purchasing the program.

I believe I read that pax under 21 in the cabin they must purchase the Bottomless Bubbles soda card. Unfortunately, I can't recall which thread I saw this in but if you search through the myriad of Cheers threads you may find this info.

I just got off the Breeze and the Cheers program is fantastic! Easy and simple to obtain. You can buy it on the second day of the cruise. We bought ours on the 2nd day and for 5 days of the program the total came to $246 a person. There seems like almost no limit to what drinks you can get unless its the wine in the library bar or at the Bonsai sushi. Just cant get tubes, buckets, or souvenir cups. The 5 minute rule does apply and the 15 drink limit does not exist but they do check you. Great system! Some of the bartenders prefer it and we still tipped to show our appreciation.

I just got off the Breeze and the Cheers program is fantastic! Easy and simple to obtain. You can buy it on the second day of the cruise. We bought ours on the 2nd day and for 5 days of the program the total came to $246 a person. There seems like almost no limit to what drinks you can get unless its the wine in the library bar or at the Bonsai sushi. Just cant get tubes, buckets, or souvenir cups. The 5 minute rule does apply and the 15 drink limit does not exist but they do check you. Great system! Some of the bartenders prefer it and we still tipped to show our appreciation.

Thanks for posting! I plan on getting this on the Breeze next week :D

Question....Is there a regular bar in the library or only the self serve wine? It looked like there was a bar in there based on some photos I saw.....and if so....I am thinking you could use Cheers at the bar but not the self serve wine dispensers??

So I have read many threads about the Cheers program and know that everyone over 21 in the cabin has to buy the program. We are travelling with another family and our husbands want this program and the wives drink very litte. Some people suggest that we switch people in the cabins so the guys are booked in one cabin and the girls in the other and they can both buy the program.

So here is my question... do we make this switch prior to sailing or once on board (prior to buying the program)? If we switch, can they switch back? If not, how do we handle the sign and sail card and getting into our own cabins with the key lock? How anyone done this and how did it work for you?

So I have read many threads about the Cheers program and know that everyone over 21 in the cabin has to buy the program. We are travelling with another family and our husbands want this program and the wives drink very litte. Some people suggest that we switch people in the cabins so the guys are booked in one cabin and the girls in the other and they can both buy the program.

So here is my question... do we make this switch prior to sailing or once on board (prior to buying the program)? If we switch, can they switch back? If not, how do we handle the sign and sail card and getting into our own cabins with the key lock? How anyone done this and how did it work for you?

I would recommend switching at check in, or they might tell you to do it at the front desk on the ship. Purchase the program, then switch back again..

Archived