Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

For me, the highlight of this place were the penguins. That alone was enough for me to recommend this place. Of course, there were many other interesting exhibits too, but I have seen similar exhibits elsewhere around the world. (e.g. there is an Underwater Aquarium in Singapore too)

i4o0g9.jpg

This was the scene at downtown Auckland where the bus dropped us off at 1030am. Quite chaotic, as you can see. Many people were waiting for the bus. The driver said that he could only take 21 in his bus. Not sure what happened thereafter. Now you know, if the cruise ship is in town, the 10:30 bus is going to be really packed.

28l3o6t.jpg

After lunch, we just walked around the city on foot, visiting souvenir shops and whatever that interested us. It was more a leisurely walk. We contemplated going up the Sky Tower (now the clouds look to have cleared) but decided against it. We passed interesting signs like this. Two cruise ships were in town.

35mdxea.jpg

Walked past the entrance to a Backpacker hostel. My kids were asking us what this was all about. Yeah, those were the days, when my wife and I travelled Europe, staying at hostels. Nostalgic.

2zjax5g.jpg