One hour from Intn'l Pier to Eagle Ray?

SirDancealot

Please advise if I'm cutting this too close - the itinerary has us arriving at Cozumel at 9am local time. My Eagle Ray Divers tour departs at 10am.

From the map it looks do-able, but I don't have experience how long it typically takes to get off the boat, hail a taxi, etc.

Thanks for your advice and experience!

1 hour!!! I hope not. We are scheduled to snorkel with them on 7/7 but there is NO WAY DH & the kids are going to be up for a 1 hour taxi ride just to snorkel. I'd be interesed to see if this is correct.

It's probably a 15-20 minute ride from the piers (depending on which one) down to la caleta marina. Taxis are plentiful near the piers. Should not be a problem at all. If you're concerned about time, e-mail Chellie and share with her your concern.

According to the map, the taxi ride itself should only be a couple of minutes (a couple of scary minutes, from what I read...!).

What I'm concerned about is the time it will take to get TO the taxi. Not being a regular cruiser I don't know how often ships are late to port, how long it takes to get off the boat to a taxi, etc.

ScubaMare - I've taken your advice and e-mailed Chellie, she should have a pretty good idea.

Of course, I'm interested in the advice and experience of others (more experienced than I) who see this thread...

Archived