Instant Saver cabin assignments

smithdaoh

I'm curious about this as well.

For the cruise we're looking at, I'm not sure whether to go with Instant Saver for an O/V stateroom OR should we spend more money to pick our cabin with 2 category upgrade?

Also, this will be our 10th cruise which will get us to Platinum. I wonder if that will come into play with the cabin assignment.

I used to book guaranteed cabins – and usually got a great cabin. But with so many rates getting upgrades and Carnival no longer giving cabin assignment on guaranteed until arrival at port – I am thinking that they will no longer be worth it. But this is just my opinion – I have not booked one since the rates changed.

I used to book guaranteed cabins – and usually got a great cabin. But with so many rates getting upgrades and Carnival no longer giving cabin assignment on guaranteed until arrival at port – I am thinking that they will no longer be worth it. But this is just my opinion – I have not booked one since the rates changed.

I book guarantee a lot and have never been assinged a cabin at the pier. Also, being platinum has never got us anything special as far as an upgrade and we've been platinum for a long time. Only been upgraded once and that was on RCCL.

Has anyone booked at an instant saver rate and had their cabin assigned yet? I was wondering what kind of cabins Carnival is putting people in and are they doing it based on when you booked or maybe based on your VIFP points.

I just posted about this the other day. We are sailing on Magic on 1-20-13 and on Christmas Day my dh called and upgraded us to "the cheapest balcony possible" which ended up being instant saver. We had our cabin assignment when I checked the next day.

I just posted about this the other day. We are sailing on Magic on 1-20-13 and on Christmas Day my dh called and upgraded us to "the cheapest balcony possible" which ended up being instant saver. We had our cabin assignment when I checked the next day.

Were you happy with the location you were assigned? I am trying to decide to either give up my cove for the OBC with the instant saver or just stay put.

Archived