Purchasing of Shore Excursions online

Question...I'm am really looking forward to my Oct 29th sailing on Navigator of the Seas and I'm ready to book my shore excursions. I was ready months ago...but when I checked it the website always said that excursions wouldn't be available to April. Well...after April came I can now see the times and such of when we are going to be in the different ports...but when I go to purchase I get an error saying - No Shore excursions available at this time. Check onboard. Does anyone know when they actually open up the website for purchases...how many days/months out that is? Or do I indeed need to wait till I'm onboard...which I really don't want to do :)

Anyone know?? Thankyou!!!

Good Morning,

I am scheduled to sail on the Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005. I was getting the same prompt on the website as you, so I called the Shore Excursions Desk. They told be that you can begin to book on the RCI website, 90 days prior to your sailing.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Bruce

Holland America, ms Volendam, December 16th, 2004, Eastern Carribean

Holland America, ms Zuiderdam, April 9th, 2005, Eastern Carribean

Soon To Sail on RCCL, Empress of the Seas, Eastern Carribean

I tried to do the same thing for my 12/11/05 cruise. Royal Caribbean told me, you cannot order excursions until 30 days before your trip.

Either someone told you wrong or they have different rules for different sailings. I have booked and paid for our October Med cruise shore excursions already. I have the online receipt for our booked excursions and the credit card statement showing that they billed for it.

For our Rhapsody cruise last year we couldn't book excursions until 90 days out. For our upcoming Alaska cruise I was surprised when I was able to book our excursions nearly 5 months out and I'm not sure how long they had been available. I just checked on a lark not thinking I would be able to book yet.

So, my very limited experience has led me to believe it is different for different sailings. I would think 90 days would be the minimum number of days out. I can't imagine not being able to book excursions until 30 days out!

dougp26364

I just called again, and was told that Shore Excurions are set up according to the ports you're going to visit. Evidently, the Mediteranean Shore Excurions have already been put into the computer. I was told that Carribean departures would be able to be booked in July, and should have no problem booking directly on the website at that time.

When I travel Holland America, I always book my shore excursions well in advance. I like to have all of this completed before my departure. Also concerned that if I try to book an excursion at the last minute, it won't be available. Once aboard ship, I don't like standing in line waiting to book an excursion. I feel like I'm at the supermarket. I'm on vacation.

Best,

Bruce

Holland America, msVolendam, Demcember 16th, 2004, Southern Carribean

Soon To Sail on RCCL, Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005, Eastern Carribean

It must depend on the cruise itself. We're going on an Alaska land/cruise in July, 2005 and I booked all of our excursions on-line on January 21, 2005 for this trip. I have an email from Royal Caribbean International dated January 21, 2005 confirming all my shore excursions and they all appeared on my Visa bill in February.

So unless their policies have changed since January, I would assume that they start booking shore excursions on-line depending on the cruise and their experience in how rapidly their excursions fill up.

I had this same problem last year for a Rhapsody Oct cruise. I was told that the new Caribbean season begins Oct. 1 and RC renegotiates their excursion contracts in June for the following year (Oct - Sept). I think I was able to book my excursions in July. If you have a September cruise, you can book arund a year in advance.

I don't know what the Alaska and Med schedules are.

dougp26364

I just called again, and was told that Shore Excurions are set up according to the ports you're going to visit. Evidently, the Mediteranean Shore Excurions have already been put into the computer. I was told that Carribean departures would be able to be booked in July, and should have no problem booking directly on the website at that time.

When I travel Holland America, I always book my shore excursions well in advance. I like to have all of this completed before my departure. Also concerned that if I try to book an excursion at the last minute, it won't be available. Once aboard ship, I don't like standing in line waiting to book an excursion. I feel like I'm at the supermarket. I'm on vacation.

Best,

Bruce

Holland America, msVolendam, Demcember 16th, 2004, Southern Carribean

Soon To Sail on RCCL, Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005, Eastern Carribean

You won't have to stand in line to book shore excursions with RCI, you can do it from the TV in your cabin. Last year I didn't get our shore excursions booked in advance as I prefer to do. When we got to our cabin, we simply booked them from there and got our tickets delivered the next day. The best times were not available for all our trips and I'm not going to make that mistake again.

You won't have to stand in line to book shore excursions with RCI, you can do it from the TV in your cabin. Last year I didn't get our shore excursions booked in advance as I prefer to do. When we got to our cabin, we simply booked them from there and got our tickets delivered the next day.
Depends on the ship. I don't believe the TV ordering option is available on Vision class ships.

On Rhapsody last year we had a change of itinerary due to Hurricane Ivan (no Grand Cayman). Even though we could not order an excursion in Costa Maya (the replacement port) on the TV, all we had to do was fill out a form, drop it in the box at the excursion desk and the next day our tickets were in our cabin. We also couldn't check our current charges on TV. Had to go to Guest Relations for a print-out. No biggie - just not as convenient as on Radiance and Voyager class ships.

You can not purchase until the date the final payment is due. I always purchase mine at this time because some of the more popular ones fill up fast and I have yet to be disappointed. If it gets cancelled by some chance you will be credited to your stateroom

You can not purchase until the date the final payment is due.

As has been posted above, this is not true for all itenerary's. I've already booked and paid for our Oct. Med cruise and final payment isn't due until 7/31. We also booked ahead of final payment for our Alaskan cruise in 2003.

Perhaps it's a Caribbean thing? While I didn't get our shore excursions booked for our E. Caribbean cruise, I did check to see if they were available and line and remember being frustrated because they weren't. Then things got busy at home and I forgot to check on it.

TV booking isn't available on Vision Class ships? That's to bad. I don't recall looking at shore excursions on our 3 night Ensenada cruise on Monarch. The Foxplorations tour was inexpensive and I had it booked way in advance.

Archived