Circle C on Breeze. Info please!

Breezy72

Sailing in two months with 14 yr old DS on the Breeze. I have read only one review that gives any info/review regarding Circle C and it was pretty negative. Apparently, it is a small "cave" with no video games, no supervision, and riddled with leftover food and junk.

Is this true? Not that my son will be spending too much time in there, but I need to know he's safe and that he's enjoying himself in a supervised atmosphere when he does visit Circle C.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Well if its like the Magic...there isn't much to the room. But, they plan the activities all around the ship. Our 12 and 13 year olds enjoyed it some....mostly to meet people though. Supervision...well not so much; it isn't really designed that way...more of an activity coordinator.

I have to tell you Breeze has one of the largest game rooms that I have ever visited on any Carnival ship. Any kid could have a blast there .

I also noticed the younger kids being seated and fed ice cream as well as other foods.

The kids were all smiles and the girls in charge seemed to be doing a great job..

I just notice things others don't ;).

Thanks for the input! :)

Ya, my DS is a bit of a wallflower and I don't foresee him spending too much time hanging out in the club (arcade will be his "new home" for 8 days! ;)), however, that one review left me wondering if anyone was overseeing the kiddos in the club. I'm not looking for someone to babysit, but to make sure no situations come about where kids can get hurt or whatever (think newly hormonal teens and their angst).... just some supervision that gives parents a piece of mind.

I have to tell you Breeze has one of the largest game rooms that I have ever visited on any Carnival ship. Any kid could have a blast there .

I also noticed the younger kids being seated and fed ice cream as well as other foods.

The kids were all smiles and the girls in charge seemed to be doing a great job..

I just notice things others don't ;).

The game room is probably not Circle C..sounds like you are talking about the younger kids area....which is very different.

I can't speak from experience of the Breeze (yet...9 months!), but my kids love, love, LOVE, Circle C and Club O2.

On every ship we have been on they have plenty of video games, board games, etc. and considering that the Breeze is a lot newer than most of them it should have the same. In some reviews here on CC I have seen pictures and it looks quite spacious. I will try to find some pictures to link you to.

As long as you set up guidelines for your child (times to check-in with you, general rules, etc.), they should be very safe.

Again, my kids absolutely love it and they were never bored. They always end up making a lot of friends there to hang out with anyway. It's always constantly supervised when it's open.

I can't speak from experience of the Breeze (yet...9 months!), but my kids love, love, LOVE, Circle C and Club O2.

On every ship we have been on they have plenty of video games, board games, etc. and considering that the Breeze is a lot newer than most of them it should have the same. In some reviews here on CC I have seen pictures and it looks quite spacious. I will try to find some pictures to link you to.

As long as you set up guidelines for your child (times to check-in with you, general rules, etc.), they should be very safe.

Again, my kids absolutely love it and they were never bored. They always end up making a lot of friends there to hang out with anyway. It's always constantly supervised when it's open.

Here's a link to a review that had a picture of the actual space:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36280400&highlight=circle+c#post36280400

My son was in Circle C on the Magic this year, and he said there was usually a staff person present when activities were going on, but supervision was minimal. By Day 3, most of the kids just broke off into little groups and met up around the ship instead of attending the Circle C activities because they found them pretty lacking. I hope it's not the same on the Breeze.

Here's a link to a review that had a picture of the actual space:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36280400&highlight=circle+c#post36280400

That's exactly like the Magic. We all crammed in there for orientation...that was NOT worth it, IMHO. Make sure your kids go the first night to meet kids but as a parent there really wasn't much info of value. We left after a few minutes and my husband just asked the counselor standing outside the room a few questions and we were good to go. Middle School is an awkward age (no kidding right) and on cruises this is apparent as well---it is really crucial for your middle schooler to try and meet kids that first night and then they find plenty to do around the ship. On the Magic, many of the teens hung out at the aft pool and hot tubs....we always checked in with our kids there.

Sailing in two months with 14 yr old DS on the Breeze. I have read only one review that gives any info/review regarding Circle C and it was pretty negative. Apparently, it is a small "cave" with no video games, no supervision, and riddled with leftover food and junk.

Is this true? Not that my son will be spending too much time in there, but I need to know he's safe and that he's enjoying himself in a supervised atmosphere when he does visit Circle C.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

MOST kids in this age group tend not to stay in the program but venture off into groups around the ship.

You will see them at the Pizza place. sitting in hot tubs. watching movies (for those ships that have the big screen) you will see them in the card rooms/library playing games or cards.

this groups have no supervision--

If you do not want your son to participate in that type of group activitiy you better let him know now.. but that is what will be happening 75% of the time

My daughter was on the breeze with circle c, she had fun at the meeting and at some of the stuff they did. Basically its a meeting place and they do activities troughout the day. I think most stuff starts in the later morning. Once my daughter meest some people they venture off on their own. They like the parties since they have their own night clubs. The gaming area is huge and fun.

My daughter hung out with friends most of the time and they can check themselves out too. I do allow mine to check out and she must be with someone else or return to the room until an adult comes back. Or leave a note and time as to where they are going. I did give my kids 20 dollar so they can play games and get candy on their sign and sail cards.

Have fun.

april

Archived