Kids Passport Renewal

angelndscz

So, this morning DH mentions going to Michigan for spring break (March) to visit some relatives. This inevitably includes driving into Canada for the day to visit his mother's grave. So I pulled out the passports to check the expiration dates and the youngest kid's expires April-13. Of course, it is good for our March trip, but darn it, I never let their passports expire so I have to make plans to pick a day to go renew it. This will be her third passport (she was born overseas) LOL. Darn the luck wasn't planning on doing this soon.

Then I laughed and thought what if I needed to take a last minute cruise!

LOL. Of course, my dad and brother lives overseas still so I would still need to keep it current minus a cruise. You never know when you might have a family emergency. Or as DH stated this morning, you never know when you might have to flee the country!

For the kids passports, if we (both parents) drive to Miami are the kids passports still processed on the spot? We have never been to Miami, might be a fun to just go down for a couple days.

I just did a couple google searches and seems like I had the wrong impression of the Miami passport office. I thought it was for anyone needing a passport or passport renewal but from what I am reading online, it is for emergencies (traveling in less than two weeks). We wouldn't fall under an emergency situation. So no need to drive four hours to apply there.

One day I will have a reason to go to Miami! LOL. ;)

Archived