Tipping in addition to added gratuity

Smitheroo

'Free' bottle of water? Have I been missing out all this time?

No problems with me, either, on the other thread!

Cunard are not that generous unfortunately and newbies often get caught out....it would be helpful if they told you it will be charged to the room a/C if opened.

In fact we suggested that the provided bottle of water in our stateroom might be the possible answer to our late charge when we were discussing the possibilities with Cunard , but they said it wasn't the explanation although they didn't have any idea of what the charge had been for.

It's 'free' in the Grills.

Mary

Is it worth booking grills for it then?

Is the bottle supplied with someone to pour on request and does it have a gold plated cork as a keepsake?

If not , I'm too careful with my bawbees to bother paying for a gold card at check-in. Sorry ....I'm just a Scottish cheapskate!

Is it worth booking grills for it then?

Is the bottle supplied with someone to pour on request and does it have a gold plated cork as a keepsake?

If not , I'm too careful with my bawbees to bother paying for a gold card at check-in. Sorry ....I'm just a Scottish cheapskate!

No. It's cheaper to book Britannia and drink vintage Krug 24 hours a day:D.

In PG it comes in a plastic bottle. I gather in QG it's in a posh glass bottle and hope to check for myself on Wednesday, once I've settled into my Q1.

Mary

No. It's cheaper to book Britannia and drink vintage Krug 24 hours a day:D.

In PG it comes in a plastic bottle. I gather in QG it's in a posh glass bottle and hope to check for myself on Wednesday, once I've settled into my Q1.

Mary

Now Mary...I have to ask...is this a virtual Q1. or a real one?

There have been so many posts recently about Saint Peter being pleaded with to upgrade certain posters to a grills cabin I've been unable to keep up with who is actually booked in one or who is still doing their "Uriah Heep " act to get one.

If the water ( free or not) is in a low grade plastic bottle in PG...then that is a definite turn off

Dearie me, what next?

We spoke to a Q/grill couple on our recent cruise while we all waited in the hour and half bus queue to go into Malaga..... they complained about their thinly sliced toast and the fact their chair cushions in the suite were taken away for dry cleaning and no replacements were given....so you may have to rough it a little!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

There have been so many posts recently about Saint Peter being pleaded with to upgrade certain posters to a grills cabin I've been unable to keep up with who is actually booked in one or who is still doing their "Uriah Heep " act to get one.

At the moment it's sort of virtual, as some minion or other has fouled up and consigned me to steerage. However, I have every faith that St Peter will turn up at the terminal bearing good news and in four days time I shall be getting lost in my vast suite, gazing smugly at the less fortunate from my ENORMOUS balcony, and swigging free water from a glass bottle. I shall certainly not be tolerating thin toast, missing cushions or visitations from itinerant travel agents.

Mr Cruachan is the one doing the Uriah Heep act, but he's delusional.

Mary

Originally Posted by lucky white heather viewpost.gif

At the moment it's sort of virtual, as some minion or other has fouled up and consigned me to steerage. However, I have every faith that St Peter will turn up at the terminal bearing good news and in four days time I shall be getting lost in my vast suite, gazing smugly at the less fortunate from my ENORMOUS balcony, and swigging free water from a glass bottle. I shall certainly not be tolerating thin toast, missing cushions or visitations from itinerant travel agents.

Mary

Heather, I also have had a time of it trying to figure out who will end up where and who will be left crying manning the oars, however, it has been

very enjoyable trying to fit all the pieces together!:D

Mary, you and your 'delusional' friend add so much humour to this forum...thank you!

fantasy51: good poem on the other thread. :)

best regards,

seasidegal

Mary

Good luck with your upgrade! Practice makes perfect when trying to wring your hands a lot and trying to look willing to lick boots !!

I have it on good authority saint Peter goes for that sort of thing but if I tell you who gave me that tip I would be consigned to Britannia for the rest of my future cruises...

Mr. C. has probably been practising his hand wringing and boot licking for weeks without telling !

Sneak!

Originally Posted by lucky white heather viewpost.gif

Heather, I also have had a time of it trying to figure out who will end up where and who will be left crying manning the oars, however, it has been

very enjoyable trying to fit all the pieces together!:D

Mary, you and your 'delusional' friend add so much humour to this forum...thank you!

fantasy51: good poem on the other thread. :)

best regards,

seasidegal

Seaside gal...it's been a pleasure to get back to normal service and try to keep up to date with important things like who is getting an upgrade!

I've lost track as well....but when they do get one I'll be turning green with envy of their gold card!

I have visited a couple of QG 's cabins recently...they are more spacious and have a nice little sink for the butler to pour your "free" water if you feel like having a glass or ten!

Of course I'll need to keep practising my Uriah Heep act otherwise I'll never get one of my very own!

Ode to St Peter

My hands I’m wringing,

Sweet songs I’m singing,

Your boots I’m licking,

I hope you’re picking

My Q1!

Very impressed! Now we should put that on a T-Shirt (new dress code, eh :-)

and send it to Cruachan to wear when embarking the ship to twig St. Peter's memory.

Perhaps, we should have hundreds printed to sell in the QM2/QE/QV gift shops so others can bow and scrape and do all sort of other devotions of affection for the Honorable Sir Peter.:eek:

Nothing says Classly like an original art piece printed on cotton.

best regards,

seasidegal

Very impressed! Now we should put that on a T-Shirt (new dress code, eh :-)

and send it to Cruachan to wear when embarking the ship to twig St. Peter's memory.

Perhaps, we should have hundreds printed to sell in the QM2/QE/QV gift shops so others can bow and scrape and do all sort of other devotions of affection for the Honorable Sir Peter.:eek:

Nothing says Classy like an original art piece printed on cotton.

best regards,

seasidegal

Yes, yes! What a sight. Imagine if we all turned up to the same cruise with matching t-shirts.

Slight revision to the words:

My hands I'm wringing,

Sweet praise I'm singing,

Your boots I'm licking,

I hope you're picking

My Q1.

Very good, and I suggest those still seeking a Q1 should wear a t-shirt with this slogan during check-in. It will indeed secure you a change of cabin category - namely a downgrade to the lowliest inside wherein you will also receive personal attentions of the Fashion Police and learn the meaning of the words "We cannot help you at this time".

Itinerant travel agents, thin toast and missing cushions will then be the least of your worries. :eek:

Very good, and I suggest those still seeking a Q1 should wear a t-shirt with this slogan during check-in. It will indeed secure you a change of cabin category - namely a downgrade to the lowliest inside wherein you will also receive personal attentions of the Fashion Police and learn the meaning of the words "We cannot help you at this time".

Itinerant travel agents, thin toast and missing cushions will then be the least of your worries. :eek:

Louise: We actually had tablemates on the QE that were in one of those 'lowest inside' cabins and they loved it. Of course, they weren't sent there by The Fashion Police because they were very well put together, so never heard the dreaded, "We cannot help you at this time"! ;)

best regards,

seasidegal

Louise: We actually had tablemates on the QE that were in one of those 'lowest inside' cabins and they loved it. Of course, they weren't sent there by The Fashion Police because they were very well put together, so never heard the dreaded, "We cannot help you at this time"! ;)

best regards,

seasidegal

One of the Fashion Police has been in an inside cabin on a short cruise on QM2 (for educational purposes only) and enjoyed the experience. The Fashion Police can and do go in all passenger areas on board. On my last cruise on QM2 my remit covered the Britannia Club, Princess Grill and Queens Grill and I dined in all of those restaurants accordingly.

Louise: We actually had tablemates on the QE that were in one of those 'lowest inside' cabins and they loved it....

Ah these pampered passengers on QE. An inside cabin there must be absolute luxury - at least, unlike the QE2 "experience", you don't have to shin up a ladder to go to bed at night and you've got more than enough room to swing a cat (Sorry Sir M!). :D:D

J

Archived