Nathan's Golf Cart Rental

LindaConn

We are going to be in Grand Turk this fall and have reserved carts with Nathan. This is the e-mail address copied directly from an email from him:

nathanandlinda@tciway.tc <nathanandlinda@tciway.tc>;

We rented golf carts from Nathan the last time we were in Grand Turk and had a blast! Hope you are able to get through.

Hi, does anyone seem to know what their refund policy is. I have been emailing Nathan and asking him questions and I am not getting an answer to this one.

Thanks in advance.

The only thing I know is what I've read on the board. Before I booked with Nathan the first time, I was hesitant because I was nervous about pre-paying. I read a posting by someone else that their port time at Grand Turk was cancelled because of weather. They said Nathan refunded their money. I don't know that there is an official policy, though.

This is a posting from the board:

Yes, he has a refund polity. This is my first post...I wanted to post to give credit to Nathan for being an honest business man.

I too was on the cruise that experienced an itinerary change due to Irene. I rented 4 golf carts from Nathan months before. I contacted him via email after the cruise to ask when I might expect my refund. He responded that it may take a bit but he would refund all charges to my credit card. I recieved my refund in mid-September, a couple of week after we returned.

Carnival refunded charges for 1 day since we did not leave until Moday due to the hurricane and I recieve both refunds at about the same time. Nathan is a small business so if he can refund at the same pace as Carnival, then I think he provided good customer service.

I would not hesitate to rent from him if given the opportunity to visit Grand Turk in the future. When you do get your refund, I hope you come back here to post so that Nathan can keep his good reputation.

You can try to use the "search forum" option to research more if that makes you more comfortable.

We pre-booked a golf cart from Nathan a couple of months ago. When we got there we were told two of the golf carts were down and we were offered a jeep or a refund. We took the jeep and drove around the island. To say the condition of the jeep was dicey is an understatement which actually made this a fun adventure. We drove around for about an hour - maybe 10 miles in total and returned the jeep. Nathan asked us for proof we had filled up the tank. Literally we had barely driven at all. He said he told us up front we needed to fill up the tank and provide a receipt which was not true. He asked for $20. We said we would get back in and look for one of the few gas stations on the island if that was our recourse and he then agreed we were ok as is.

Golf carts and jeeps are definitely the way to get around the island I would just make sure you know up front what is expected when you return! We saw a couple of make shift gas stations around the island selling gas at a bout $5 a gallon and would have stopped if we had known although I'm sure we didn't even use a gallon.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, i also emailed Nathan and the price is 80.00 for four people.

How long does it take to go around the island in the golf cart? We will be docked from 9-3 - i would like to go around in the golf cart in the morning then have some lunch and a swim near Margaritaville - doable?

Yes, i also emailed Nathan and the price is 80.00 for four people.

How long does it take to go around the island in the golf cart? We will be docked from 9-3 - i would like to go around in the golf cart in the morning then have some lunch and a swim near Margaritaville - doable?

I would say yes! We had our cart from about 11-4pm. In that time we drove to the Lighthouse, stopped at a beach on the way back and prospected for conch shells (found many and brought home two of the best and biggest), went into "town" and visited the museum there (worth a look) stopped at Govenor's Beach for a quick swim, and got back to the cruise port in time for some shopping (ladies- EXPENSIVE) a quick dip in the Magaritaville pool (guys) and back on board to watch the late arrivals hurry to reboard- always a favorite. We call it "rate the drunk" Qualities include boisterousness, swaying walk/run, and response to crowds on deck.

After reading several post about Nathan's golf carts at Grand Turk I feel I have to put in my 2 cents worth.

We were in Grand Turk on February 5, 2013. We had reserved 2 carts, with the understanding that the credit card would not be charged until we got to the port of Grand Turk. The credit card ended up being charged before we even left home in Missouri.

When we finally found where they were located what we saw were 2 young men with 2 golf carts and a jeep. There was another couple there with 2 young children who had also reserved a gold cart. So in actuality a total of 3 golf carts were needed. There were only 2 available. As we were a group of 6 we needed 2 golf carts and since our reservation was made before the other family's reservation we were given first choice. They were understandably angry with Nathan and the way he did business. Nathan told all of us that a few weeks before the other golf cart had broke down and they had been unable to fix it. We take off in the golf carts with 3 men in one cart, in the lead, and 3 women in the second cart. The women's cart would hardly go- the men went off and left us. They had to keep pulling off the road and waiting for us to catch up. We stopped at a beach and after shutting off the women's golf cart it would not start again. We had decided to walk to the nearby resort and call for help. Before doing that all of us started pushing the cart and it finally started. We were so concerned about the safety of using this cart that we headed back to port. It put a quick end to what should have been a much longer relaxing day.

So I want to reserve with nathan and he asked for a c/c number to hold the reservation. Has anyone had any troubles giving out c/c information with him?? Do you think one of those prepaid debit/visa cards would work?? Did he offer you a refund when your cart wouldn't start and you headed back to port?? Just a little nervous.

Thanks for any information.

We rented two carts in feb buyer beware both carts were junk no brakes falling apart wouldn't run no gas gauge on one seat broken on other we gave it a try made it to town?...?.gave up and returned no beaches not a happy tourist. His crew finally called him after some anger if he was an actual honest person then why haven't I seen my refund he agreed to and why did he charge my card weeks before we arrived ..I have waited to post any comment so to give him the benefit my mistake !,,,!

We rented two carts in feb buyer beware both carts were junk no brakes falling apart wouldn't run no gas gauge on one seat broken on other we gave it a try made it to town?...?.gave up and returned no beaches not a happy tourist. His crew finally called him after some anger if he was an actual honest person then why haven't I seen my refund he agreed to and why did he charge my card weeks before we arrived ..I have waited to post any comment so to give him the benefit my mistake !,,,!

These last few posts have got me reconsidering Nathan's for golf cart rental. Other than Nathan's is there a different place to rent a couple of golf carts?

These last few posts have got me reconsidering Nathan's for golf cart rental. Other than Nathan's is there a different place to rent a couple of golf carts?

Yeah I think I going to cancel on nathan too. Who is this Tony person a few people have spoken about?

I am still going to stay with Nathan. In the other post someone mentioned Tony' rental for golf carts. I have researched and even sent an email asking about their golf cart rentals. Never got a response back from Tony's. I really do not think they rent them. Nathan's has been getting some great and then some bad reviews. Just like the reviews I am getting for Jacks Shack. Some people love it and others did not. So I think I am going to take my chance and hope for the best.

Yikes on these last reviews!:eek:

I have SIX golf carts reserved and paid for with Nathan for our Easter cruise.... Sure hope he does indeed have six and they all still move...:)

I will be curious to know how this works out for you. Please post when you return.

I will be curious to know how this works out for you. Please post when you return.

Oh, I will post! Especially if there are no carts or they are in bad shape - you better believe I'll be all over the internet with this...;)

Archived