Another snorkeling question

CrusingGolfers

Wife is not wild about shark ray alley which is all Coral Breeze is offering when I'm there on the Carnival Legend later this month. Any other options other than coral breezes? Has anyone else used other companies that you like? We want to snorkel she loves doing that however she isn't a fan of stingrays at all. We will book shark ray alley and she will stay on the boat if all else fails.

Thanks for the help

Carnival offers Sargeants Cay & Rendezvous Cay for $59.95 PP.

his is a rare chance to visit a remote manatee research station and snorkel over Belize’s world famous barrier reef.

On this excursion you will:

Take a short transfer to the Marine Ecology Conservation Island of Spanish Lookout.

Participate in an orientation of the island’s facilities.

Board a modern state of the art Pro 51’ Island Hopper snorkeling boat.

Get expert instruction in the use of your snorkel gear.

Head for the largest barrier reef in the western hemisphere and Sergeant’s Caye.

Enjoy over 60 minutes of snorkel time and sunshine before returning to the cruise ship.

Note: Non-alcoholic refreshments will be provided aboard the snorkel boat. Sunscreen, a hat, towels, and an underwater camera are recommended.

Enjoy snorkeling and beach time at the exotic private island, Rendezvous Cay.

Your Carnival Cruise shore excursion will begin after a quick transfer to the crystal clear waters of Belize. Begin this exciting and beautiful Belize excursion with a scenic and breeze 40 minute ride to the pristine Rendezvous Cay. This exclusive private island lays adjacent to the inner side of Belize’s Barrier Reef. Clear, calm waters surround the cay making it the perfect environment for snorkeling. Truly a snorkeling excursion for all experience levels, beginners can stay closer to shore while more advanced swimmers can journey out to the deeper parts of the island waters.

Exceptional and unforgettable viewing make Rendezvous Cay so unique. Gaze out of your mask and into the warm waters teeming with tropical and rainbow hued fish. There is everything from angel fish to manta rays, sponges to brain coral. Try to identify over 106 different species of coral, 500 species of fish, and hundreds of invertebrates exclusive to the Belize Barrier Reef. This memorable trip will be hard to forget as the viewing is rare and exciting, be sure to have your underwater camera handy!

When tired from snorkeling, lounge on the beach’s soft white sand, on provided beach mats. Enjoy a refreshing margarita, non-alcoholic beverage, or a variety of bites while the waves quietly crash against the shore.

Book the Snorkeling Wonders of the Barrier Reef shore excursion off the Belize coast today for a rare and exciting trip to the depths of the ocean. This snorkeling shore tour is an exciting way to add fun ashore to your fun afloat.

Wife is not wild about shark ray alley which is all Coral Breeze is offering when I'm there on the Carnival Legend later this month. Any other options other than coral breezes? Has anyone else used other companies that you like? We want to snorkel she loves doing that however she isn't a fan of stingrays at all. We will book shark ray alley and she will stay on the boat if all else fails.

Thanks for the help

Your wife could enjoy the snorkeling over the reef & on the second stop. stay aboard & watch the interactions with the Nurse Sharks & Rays & I'd bet that if she enjoys snorkeling, that she will decide to get into the water & enjoy the playful Rays. Then it is off to Caye Caulker to have lunch & explore the island.

Let us know how she did ?

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Your wife could enjoy the snorkeling over the reef & on the second stop. stay aboard & watch the interactions with the Nurse Sharks & Rays & I'd bet that if she enjoys snorkeling, that she will decide to get into the water & enjoy the playful Rays. Then it is off to Caye Caulker to have lunch & explore the island.

Let us know how she did ?

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

The more we look and read we may just take the water taxi to caye caulker. Once we get there do they offer snorkel tours from there? We really want to enjoy the island and go to the split but I also want to snorkel there as I've heard it is the best in the Carribbean.

The more we look and read we may just take the water taxi to caye caulker. Once we get there do they offer snorkel tours from there? We really want to enjoy the island and go to the split but I also want to snorkel there as I've heard it is the best in the Carribbean.

We did a tour with Star Tours on CC. The tour itself was decent but they were not well equipped. The outboard quit several times going to and from the reef. We had to wait almost an hour for the tour to start and then we almost missed the last water taxi before our ship sailed. The snorkeling was decent though.

There will be tours available at the tourist village.

Archived