shore excursions

buying shore excursions in advance  

96 members have voted

1. 1. buying shore excursions in advance

• one year prior to cruise
    • eight months prior to cruise
    • six months prior to cruise
    • three months prior to cruise

I voted six months. Obviously, that depends on whether you're booking through the cruiseline or with an independent operator. With an independent, it's as soon as I've made the decision, usually six months out. With the cruiseline, it just depends on when they become available.

I am pretty much the same way as hstrybuf.

For my upcoming July cruise I booked back in January when RCI started selling shore excursions online. I knew that excursions like dog sledding would go quickly. But for the independent tour I booked, I contacted them about 7-8 months in advance.

For my Med cruise next July, I plan to book the RCI excursions when they become available. And for the private excursions, I plan to book them as soon as I find another party to share a tour with me!

One benefit I see of booking early is that if you have the Royal Caribbean visa card, you get double points for spending money with RCI. so you get double points for booking shore excursions. That helps me reach the $50 onboard ship credit coupons which I turn in for my trip. So in the end it helps me save some money!

So your saying that RC you can book your excursions now????? We've only sailed carnival and Princess and you could only book 6 weeks or something like that!!! How do you book them early thur the cruiseline????

Thanks in Advance

So your saying that RC you can book your excursions now????? We've only sailed carnival and Princess and you could only book 6 weeks or something like that!!! How do you book them early thur the cruiseline????

Thanks in Advance

I'm not sure how early some of the excursions become available. The best way to know is to look at the cruiseline website and see what's there.

Check the website and also call because we have received some misinformation on the website about availability. So if you see on the website that is available only to book on board, Don't believe it. Call because you can get the travel agent to book it for you.

Check the website and also call because we have received some misinformation on the website about availability. So if you see on the website that is available only to book on board, Don't believe it. Call because you can get the travel agent to book it for you.

that sounds like a plan:)

Cruisebabe43 thank you for that information. We have been told that our shore excrusions for our Oct cruise will not come out before we sail as they are re-bidding on them or something. So we will call the cruise line or have our TA do it for us. I like knowing ahead of time what we are doing and when.

We have never booked a shore excursion other than through the cruise line.I am sure it would probably be ok to do so, but just have never done it.

Archived