Orlando Airport to Magic Kingdom to Port Canaveral Transportation

josefina022

Sorry, I know this gets asked a lot, and I appreciate any thoughts you may have on this....

Looking to fly into MCO on a Thursday, visit the Magic Kingdom on Friday and then head to Port Canaveral on Saturday. There will be 4 adults and 2 kids.

I'm trying to figure out the best transportation options (least expensive) as I really don't want to rent a car until Saturday to drive down to the port. I'd like to stay at a hotel near Disney that will have a shuttle to take us to the park.

But, then what is the best way to get from the Airport to the Hotel? It looks like most of them do not have a shuttle.

Any transportation ideas or hotel recs? Thanks!

We are travelling on Freedom of the Seas at the end of Feb and was in kind of the same situation as you. There is 6 of us travelling including my 3 old son. I booked a pre and post hotel and transfer through the Royal Caribbean cruise line. Because we have 6 people, needed 2 rooms. Booked at the Buena Vista palace, which I found out is very close if not right next to Dinsey World. It seems to be an upper scale hotel but they don't provide transportation from the Orlando airport. (not sure if I did the right thing booking via cruise line in terms of best deal etc, but whatever) The next thing I needed was transportation from MCO for all 6 of us and a toddler. After much searching and getting feedback from Cruise Critic members, I contacted Mears transportation and arranged for what I think was a economical choice. Pick us up at the airport in a luxury van that will hold all 6 of us including all our luggage, and they provide a car seat if we wanted for free. Its not a shuttle van so the family has it all to themselves and a direct trip to the hotel. (25miles I'm told) cost is $91 to the hotel and the return trip is $61 for what ever reason. It was cheaper then a cab, or car rental, limo and more efficient then a shuttle that would do a milk run with many stops. Transportation to Port Canaveral is on a RC shuttle and I don't know what to expect with that.

Not sure if that helps, but good luck and happy sailing

This is just my 2 Cents worth, but those off property hotel near Disney that have shuttles are a real PITA. Sometimes they pick up from several hotels and then only have one or two pick up times at the park.

This is just a suggestion, but for 4 adults and 2 children, I would look into booking a family suite at either Disney's new Animation resort(2 bathrooms) or Disney's All Star Music Resort. They will run around $199 per night (depending on the season) but the good thing is that you get your transportation to Disney and back to the Orlando FREE with the Magical Express Bus. The bus departs the airport on a continual basis and also runs back to the airport all day long. Once you are on Disney property, you are free to use their in park transportation system which is free. You may pay a few dollars more for a family suite in one of the Disney hotels but in the long run you will save on your transportation costs AND the headache of an outside hotel shuttle service. Another option, would be to rent 2 regular connecting standard rooms in one of the Disney Value resorts, that may also save a little. Just a tip, but, The All Star Sports seems to be the lowest in terms of price for the standard hotel rooms.

* The Disney Animation hotel just opened last summer and I've heard that the family suites have great themes and are a lot of fun, but the Disney All Star Music Family Suites may save you a little $ as the hotel is a little older.

* you also get a slight discount on your tickets if you book a room with Disney. The ticket is called Magic Your Way and starts from the minute you check in the hotel until the day you leave.

So if you wanted to visit the park on the evening you arrive, it would be included in the tickets as opposed to waiting until the next day and having to buy a one day ticket.

The Disney Planners can be reached at 1-800-WDISNEY They are really great at helping out.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Hoosiercouple

It looks like a Standard room at the Disney All Star Sports is going for around $96. The Prefered rooms are slightly higher but IMO a waste of money. All the Preferred means is that they will put you in a room that is closer to the action which also translates to lots more noise.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/all-star-sports-resort/rates-rooms/

Also, The Dolphin Resort on Disney property has a car rental faciltiy. National/Alomo. You could take the Disney bus to that hotel, pick up the car, return to your hotel and load up your luggage and family without having to hassle with getting back to the airport. It looks like they may have a drop off service that would bring the car right to your Disney hotel. http://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/transportation.html

:)

Edited by Hoosiercouple

• 4 years later...
Sorry, I know this gets asked a lot, and I appreciate any thoughts you may have on this....

Looking to fly into MCO on a Thursday, visit the Magic Kingdom on Friday and then head to Port Canaveral on Saturday. There will be 4 adults and 2 kids.

I'm trying to figure out the best transportation options (least expensive) as I really don't want to rent a car until Saturday to drive down to the port. I'd like to stay at a hotel near Disney that will have a shuttle to take us to the park.

But, then what is the best way to get from the Airport to the Hotel? It looks like most of them do not have a shuttle.

Any transportation ideas or hotel recs? Thanks!

Did you ever find a way that was easy?

We are doing Walt Disney after our carnival magic cruise in November. Going to take cortrans $20 p/p shuttle from port Canaveral to MCO airport, then pickup Walt Disney magical express transportation from MCO airport to All-star Sports.Staying on Disney property also gets us transportation to parks + Disney springs as well as magical express back to airport at end of stay.

We are doing Walt Disney after our carnival magic cruise in November. Going to take cortrans $20 p/p shuttle from port Canaveral to MCO airport, then pickup Walt Disney magical express transportation from MCO airport to All-star Sports.Staying on Disney property also gets us transportation to parks + Disney springs as well as magical express back to airport at end of stay.

We are also staying at disney world after our cruise. Does the magical express pick you up from MCO even though you're not getting off a plane? I thought you had to provide flight info in order to take the magical express.