Nassau Sheraton or wyndham day pass?

OT2Be2004

Hi all!

We cruised on the Pride to the Bahamas back in September 2010. We went to the Sheraton and enjoyed ourselves (wyndham was closed). Our only complaint was spending $50 for two cheeseburgers.

This time we are deciding between the Sheraton (day pass $30 pp) or wyndham ($20 pp). The wyndham no longer offers the buffet (not that we need it bc we will eat enough on board).

Anyone been to both? Thoughts?? Thanks!!

I guess it depends what you are looking for.. Hubby and I had a wonderful and FREE time over at Junkanoo beach. Its public, and you can choose to eat where and when you want when you are ready...even McDonalds if its what you are craving. There is also a Burger King on one of the side streets near the port.

Hi all!

We cruised on the Pride to the Bahamas back in September 2010. We went to the Sheraton and enjoyed ourselves (wyndham was closed). Our only complaint was spending $50 for two cheeseburgers.

This time we are deciding between the Sheraton (day pass $30 pp) or wyndham ($20 pp). The wyndham no longer offers the buffet (not that we need it bc we will eat enough on board).

Anyone been to both? Thoughts?? Thanks!!

Check over on the Ports of Call section under Bahamas and ask the local girl on there Scubagirl. Seems I remember her saying the Wyndam had construction going on.

And I know she also recommends the British Colonial Hilton within walking distance of the pier if u are looking for a quiet beach.

But definitely ask her....she's a great source of info on Nassau

We were just there 1/1/13 and spent the day at the Sheraton. We just rented a room for the day, which was $123.00 with taxes. There were four of us so it was roughly the same price to just rent the room as to get day passes. I asked for a room on the ground floor near the pool and they accomodated the request. I did not make prior reservations, though I am sure you could if you wanted. We loved the Sheraton, the pools were great and the beach was beautiful. All the staff were friendly. Food and beverages were expensive, about comparable to what you pay onboard for a drink. It was so nice to have the room because we all got really sandy and were able to take showers before heading back to the port.

The Wyndham is completely torn down. The whole area is under construction.

I talked to a couple onboard who spent the day at the Hilton, which I think they said was $50.00 per person with $30.00 of it being credited toward food and drinks. They had a large group of people and told me they ended up giving up $150.00 of their credit because they just could not spend it all. They also said they had to stay poolside because the beach was full of glass. They thought this might be due to New Years eve being the night before, so that may be cleaned up now.

If we go back to Nassau, I would definitely go to the Sheraton again.

Archived