Bamboo or Not??

tutuwahineLV

has anyone done the ship excursion to the Bamboo Beach Club, either reg or VIP, and would you reccommend it?

Don't necessarily want to just hang out on the ship, but also have no desire to do DRF with the masses. It seems that every other excursion includes at least a stop at the falls...

Thanks for any advise,

2-2

• 11 months later...

Hey 2-2:

I am also looking into this excursion. I've read a lot of good things about the Falls (definitely something to if you haven't been ebfore), and also good things about the Bamboo Beach Club. What I haven't been able to find out is that the difference between the regular and VIP packages. Wife and I will be there the first week of March on the NCL Epic.

Just noticed your post is almost a year old.... did you end up going? What is the difference between the regular and VIP?

Thanks!

Eric

We did this a couple of years ago when we were in Ocho Rios port. It was a good experience. They brought little plates of food around throughout the day. They had beer and other drinks included but soft drinks were extra. There was a really tall, skinny Jamaican man who had the most flexible body I have ever seen. He did all kind of dancing and limboed so low he was practically touching the ground. It was cool. Beach was nice but not real wide but the lounge chairs were plentiful and we moved real close to the water.

I think it was worth it just to see the dancer. It was a nice, authentic Jamaican flavor and we enjoyed it.

We are considering Bamboo Beach too, but would like more info on what is included in the VIP. Do they provide soft drinks and water? Any info on the VIP package would be appreciated! Thanks!

We are going to be booking this for our Jan 5th - 12th sail date.

I believe I read that the VIP package takes you to a nicer part of the beach. Otherwise, all the same amenities ( dancing, drinks , food ).

Please let us know what you think when you return. The NCL website shows the VIP pkg as having Lobster, Shrimp, Steak cooked for you and lists cocktails in addition to the regular items. These items aren't listed on the regular package.

Have a great time!

I believe I read that the VIP package takes you to a nicer part of the beach. Otherwise, all the same amenities ( dancing, drinks , food ).

I hope you enjoyed your day at Bamboo Beach yesterday. The temp here hasn't been above zero for days, so I've been dreaming of this cruise almost constantly this week....

Anxious to hear if you Liked the Bamboo Beach excursion. I had my heart set on doing the RCCL's Chukka Beach excursion, but they're not offering it this year:confused:

Hi There,

Just back off the Pearl and we visited bamboo beach. IT WAS WONDERFUL!

We elected for the VIP tour, and while you are all on the same beach.... you can clearly tell you is VIP and who is not.

We have the shadier side of the island, and were served beer and rum punch in glasses. We were also served our main course on a table with linens. We were served lobster and chicken. I was with two men, who ordered more lobster, and because we were VIP, that was NO PROBLEM. Drinks and food kept coming. In fact, we drank so much beer, we ran out. lol

Check them out via facebook. They are always posting pics. Beautiful place. The only downfall was that we couldn't stay longer.

Visited last April on an NCL excursion. Did the falls first then came to Bamboo beach for the VIP package...it was a nice beach, we did have our own lunge chairs etc. it wa later in the afternoon and they served us food right away, we only had plastic tables...chicken, shrimp, salad. Started us off with rum punch and then we could order whatever. I had hea the the Hummingbird was a drink I had to try on Jamaica...they didn't have all the ingredients..BUT...left to go butpy them and made me 3! They are delicious....give them a try. Lots of dancers, we swam. Walked the beach. Bathrooms were not nice at all, I don't expect first class, hut they were down right awful..enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

We as a family did not enjoy the VIP beach excursion, the beach was too rough to swim (perhaps that only happened that day)and the rocky base did not allow you to swim in the VIP area….which was why we booked the VIP to be removed from the crowds. They ran out of lobster so only 3 of us received the small lobster and about an hour later 3 more lobsters arrived.

We are low mtce family and have boys from 16-25 who just wanted to swim, drink, and eat but they the beach trip was a disappointment for all. We are all strong swimmers but the wake was so strong it was difficult to walk in the shallow water without getting tossed around like a rag doll. On a positive note the drinks came regularly and our hostess was lovely and we left her a generous tip as it was not her fault the grounds did not meet our expectations.

Overall I would not return and would suggest another beach.:(

I did this excursion in April 2012 (so about 2 years ago) and it was OK. the people were really nice and if you wanted something they would get it for you. the beach seemed nice, but it rained the ENTIRE time we were there so we really didnt get to enjoy the beach. My DH loved the food but I wasnt impressed. The rum punch was pretty watered down but the beer was good. I think I would have enjoyed it more if mother nature was a little bit more cooperative.

They tried to lift up the mood considering the rain, there was a little old lady who really got into the dancing and was really fun to watch. and the other thing I really remember is a stray cat pooping on the beach. YUCK!!:eek:

I dont remember a VIP area. Not sure if that is because it wasnt built or because we were all huddled under the same area because of the rain.

We are going back to Jamaica next year and I dont know if we will book this again.