Kid's safety across the hall

I have never cruised with our children, but have a couple of general thoughts. I agree with the idea of preassigned check-ins, but also think unexpected spot checks would be important. Also, a great opportunity to teach respect for others by making them understand that room stewards are not our slaves and should keep there rooms appropriately tidy.

To the OP, only you know how you will be most comfortable booking the room assignments. On our last family cruise here is what we did: Two separate rooms for the kids plus our room. Upon embarkation we went to guest services and got duplicate keys. We discussed rules of the cruise both before and during. (Yes I made spot checks on the two teenagers.) We used sticky note or dry erase on the mirror to leave messages and the teens had to check in at set times.

The only reason you might want to think about booking you in one cabin and spouse in the other is if one of you is interested in the Cheers Program.

Have a wonderful cruise and make those memories.

We have always put our kids in separate cabins and never had an issue. They know the rules that NO ONE is allowed in their cabin and they are not allowed in anyone else's. They also know the consequence if this was ever broken. We are up way later than them, so we check and make sure they are in bed before we go to bed. Just go to guest services and get an extra key so you have access all the time.

My 15 yo actually surprised us last cruise. He was always up early, showered, and ready to go way before us. He even went to the dining room for breakfast alone a couple times while we were scrambling to wake up and get ready. lol.

You know your kids best.

Had my DD and her friend, both 16 at the time across the hall from us and had no problem at all. Yes the cabin did get a little messy (after raising 2 boys and 2 girls, now all adults , no one can tell me girls aren't bigger slobs than boys :))

But we kept on them to straighten up.

Again every child is different , and every parent knows their child best.

Reminder: Original post is over a year old, I suspect the OP has sailed by now. Would have been less confusing if BritishCruiser101 had started a new thread.

Biggest risk will be the kids seeking out trouble on their own. Especially early teans. Even more so with a friend there to serve as ringleader.

I'd put all four of them in one inside cabin directly across the hall. When it's time for bed "seal" their cabin door with a piece of masking tape to dissuade any late night exploring. Just need a second telltale they don't know about in case they enlist the help of a new friend from another cabin.

Yes, four in one cabin will be crowded but that serves a purpose too.

babyher: I concur. DD is far messier than DS.

Oh, in addition, since your kids are underage, you will have to "assign" yourself or other adult in that room for booking reasons. FYI.

Not true, if they are across the hall or next to you there is no problem (Per Carnival's policy).

We are a family of 6 and have always had to get 3 cabins. We get and OV and the kids are across the hall (boys in one cabin, girls in the other). We always have given them a key to our room and honestly, they spend more time in our room than in their own. They only slept in their cabin but came into ours as soon as they woke up and got dressed (not because they were supposed to but because they wanted to and we had no problem with it). My kids are all adults and grown now, and I sure do miss the vacationing when they were young days but I don't miss paying for them. lol

Get the two rooms, relax, enjoy your girliness and enjoy the cruise!