Anyone use Caribbean Helicopters?

buffett010

Hi -

We will be in Antigua on Thanksgiving Day and are looking at doing a charter to Montserrat using Caribbean Helicopters. Has anyone used this service before? What did you think?

When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you'll understand just why you came this way.

My brother did it and said it was a blast!

-Cruise

smile12.gif

Quote of the week

"We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same"

--Anne Frank

Nordic Prince 02/8900000002.gif

Princess 03/90193.gif

Nordic Prince 02/9100000004.gif

Splendour 12/98370.gif

Celebrity 12/0200000003.gif

NCL Dawn 03/04143.gif

Proud member of the PPS

Not so proud member of the Adventurers II00000041.gif

431.gif

NCL Dawn 02/05 icon_cool.gif

Can not come soon enough!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;2;10;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

sailboat01.gif

Cruise - Thanks!

Cool Chnage - If you do this when you go, could you please report back here to let me know what you thought of it! Thanks and enjoy!

-----------------

"When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you'll understand just why you came this way."

I just recieved an email back from them as was told that they are completely booked the day we will be there. (with a cruise ship "ocean village") We were told that we can try and call them when we get in to see if there is any room. I dont know if there is anyone else there that does this. I know we will try and call anyway. There local phone number is 460-5900 and they leave from a resturant known as Millers by the Sea which is a 10 minute cab ride from the pier.

Also interested in any info on this company. Their site looks great. Buffett, don't you think you should do a back to back cruise and join us! To fly over Montserrat would be fantastic but, at $570 for the 3 in my family I would like assurance that this is worth it.

Looking forward to comments and recommendations!

Till Constellation Southern Caribbean 11/27/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;11;27;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Cool Change - Hope that when you get there, you are able to find a spot! Good luck, and thanks for letting us know where they leave from!

MSUSigmaK - Hi, again! It sure would be great to do a back-to-back, but unfortunately DH has to be back at work that Wednesday. Plus, my mom will have our son, and she is only able to take a week off work. What a deal - every year she takes a week off so WE can go on vacation alone! We have two other weeks each year that we spend with our son on vacation.

I would not be doing the copter tour, only hubby, as you couldn't pay me enough money to get in one!

-----------------

"When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you'll understand just why you came this way."

• 3 weeks later...

Coolchange - Thanks for reporting back to us! Sorry to hear that they were booked up. i guess if we're interested, we'd better get in touch with them. Hope you had a great cruise!

-----------------

Buffett010, We ended up touring the island on our own and I am glad we did. However, those helicopters looked nice. I would contact them and see if you can sign up ahead of time. The cab drivers we ran into kept on insisting that the helicopters were booked ahead of time, even when they could have made money driving us there.

• 3 months later...

The helicopter tours from Antigua to Monsterrat is great, I went to take pictures for a website I was doing and the people that came off the chopper tours looked excited. In fact just standing there and watching was great. Monsterrat is 15 mintutes from Antigua and can be viewed when you go to the south of the Island, it was partcially destroyed by a volcano and few people still live there it is a beautiful view from the sky and the memories will linger for a longtime!:)

For taxis www.qualityci.com for pictures of Antigua & weather www.classified-ads-antigua.com :o I have attached a picture of the chopper hope you see it.

1941497678_HelicopterTours.JPG.a67dba639986edbb593360e79b1c0c77.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Depending on what time you dock and leave - an alterantive to Caribbean Helicopters is to book a tour with Jenny's Tours - she organises upto 8 on the regular morning and afternoon flight from VC Bird International - on arrival you are actually taken around the island by taxi - and given an excellent tour of the island . You get ot go into the exlcusion zone, and really get a sense of what a loss the isalnd have had but how amazing the people of the island - still over 4000 of them living in the North. For any Irish people ouit there as well - the Emerald Isle as it is called will hold a fascination for you. We went last year, and had a fantastic if tiring day. From memory it cost about $220Us per head but is really worth it. Start time at VC Bird is about 8.30am it was about 10 minutes form the dock, and we arrived back at about 4.30pm. The island is completely different to Antigua - I'd say its a must.You can contact Jenny by e-mail on burkeb@candw.ag :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived