Paradise Beach or Playa Mia?

4inacanoe

We are travelling with 4 kids ages 7, 8, 9 & 10. Which would you recommend? I know that Paradise Beach is an easy taxi ride but does anyone know if Playa Mia close by taxi? Also, has Playa Mia finished their water park with slides? Thanks for yoru help!

You didn't mention what cruiseline you're with, I think with Playa Mia you have to book through the Cruiseline (not 100%) and I know through Carnival it's pretty expensive (85 adult/70 child). I really enjoyed Paradise and think the kids will enjoy their water toys :) Have a great cruise with whatever you decide on.

we booked playa mia through NCL...we weren't ready to go back when the bus came so we skipped it and paid our own taxi - was worth it to have an extra 2 hours...i didn't realize how limited our time would be booking through the ship...but it was not that expensive...

Good things..

--food was decent..we adults aren't picky...good chicken and beans and rice...kids enjoyed hot dogs...nothing great but no complaints

--bar was convenient...tasty daquries...cold beer...we were happy..no line for the bar

--hammocks were plentiful and fun as were chairs

--ice cream was free and easy to get and yummy

not so good things..

--pool was small and crowded...but kids enjoyed it

--the inflatable island...biggest problem of the day for us...it was insane how far out they had to swim to get to it..i understand it had to be out there to get to deep water but it was way too much for my 9 and 7 year old..they got half way there and were struggling (they did have life vests) but we were still worried they wouldn't make it so my husband went in after them and helped them... they were so tired by the time they got out there they couldn't pull themsleves up on the inflatable island...nobody positioned on it to help...it was so far out there was no way i could even see which kids were mine...they enjoyed it for a bit but then had the loooong swim back in with my husband...when they got back on the beach we said "NO MORE OF THAT" they agreeed and said it was a pretty miserable experience too! it wasted about an hour and a half to 2 hours of the day! not sure what the solution would be but just be aware...

--beach was right next to a long ugly dock..not great water for swimming..some poeple snorkeled we didn't - had done amazing snorkeling in roatan...

all in all we had a fun day but we are goinig back this year to cozumel on antoehr cruise and are looking for a diffeerent beach resort...

we booked playa mia through NCL...we weren't ready to go back when the bus came so we skipped it and paid our own taxi - was worth it to have an extra 2 hours...i didn't realize how limited our time would be booking through the ship...but it was not that expensive...

Good things..

--food was decent..we adults aren't picky...good chicken and beans and rice...kids enjoyed hot dogs...nothing great but no complaints

--bar was convenient...tasty daquries...cold beer...we were happy..no line for the bar

--hammocks were plentiful and fun as were chairs

--ice cream was free and easy to get and yummy

not so good things..

--pool was small and crowded...but kids enjoyed it

--the inflatable island...biggest problem of the day for us...it was insane how far out they had to swim to get to it..i understand it had to be out there to get to deep water but it was way too much for my 9 and 7 year old..they got half way there and were struggling (they did have life vests) but we were still worried they wouldn't make it so my husband went in after them and helped them... they were so tired by the time they got out there they couldn't pull themsleves up on the inflatable island...nobody positioned on it to help...it was so far out there was no way i could even see which kids were mine...they enjoyed it for a bit but then had the loooong swim back in with my husband...when they got back on the beach we said "NO MORE OF THAT" they agreeed and said it was a pretty miserable experience too! it wasted about an hour and a half to 2 hours of the day! not sure what the solution would be but just be aware...

--beach was right next to a long ugly dock..not great water for swimming..some poeple snorkeled we didn't - had done amazing snorkeling in roatan...

all in all we had a fun day but we are goinig back this year to cozumel on antoehr cruise and are looking for a diffeerent beach resort...

I was also surprised how far out the inflatable island was. Not the best swimmer but was rather tired when I got out there and decided to let the red cross guy take me back via his rowboat.

Archived