Corporate booked cruise ?'s

jules1121

So my sis works for a company that told their managers if they achieved their sales goals plus some they would get a cruise and of course thats good motivation so they did it. :D

The cruise is a 3 day at the end of next month and I get to go as my sister's plus one but I am confused because since I didn't book the cruise its different from my normal planning.

I was wondering if anyone here had been on a company group cruise and if they could help give me an idea of how it worked when you went vs when you booked directly yourself - things like checking-in (I guess you can't check in online in advance like we usually do?) and how they assign rooms (fill in rooms that are left or do groups usually get a block of rooms together?).

The company already put out a call to people for the passenger info (names, DOBs) and I have the booking # on a boarding pass but the booking name is just a corp accrpnym. My DH wanted to surprise my sis and I with a gift in the room but since there isn't a room # he couldn't do that. (I told him he could call the Bon Voyage number and see if he could order something that way) I am assuming we will get the rooms that are available or they do they tend to get a group of rooms together for group bookings?

Basically I am just curious but I don't want to bug my sis since she doesn't know either.

Thanks in advance if you have experiences to share on this topic! :)

So my sis works for a company that told their managers if they achieved their sales goals plus some they would get a cruise and of course thats good motivation so they did it. :D

The cruise is a 3 day at the end of next month and I get to go as my sister's plus one but I am confused because since I didn't book the cruise its different from my normal planning.

I was wondering if anyone here had been on a company group cruise and if they could help give me an idea of how it worked when you went vs when you booked directly yourself - things like checking-in (I guess you can't check in online in advance like we usually do?) and how they assign rooms (fill in rooms that are left or do groups usually get a block of rooms together?).

The company already put out a call to people for the passenger info (names, DOBs) and I have the booking # on a boarding pass but the booking name is just a corp accrpnym. My DH wanted to surprise my sis and I with a gift in the room but since there isn't a room # he couldn't do that. (I told him he could call the Bon Voyage number and see if he could order something that way) I am assuming we will get the rooms that are available or they do they tend to get a group of rooms together for group bookings?

Basically I am just curious but I don't want to bug my sis since she doesn't know either.

Thanks in advance if you have experiences to share on this topic! :)

Went twice with my former company. We had almost a floor and a half each time 750+ people. They had a table onboard to handle just our Co.'s cruisers. Also had the main showroom one night. It was four day M-F cruises. There should be a contact# for the non-employees from the travel company. or you could get her one of the new Carnival gift certificates.

Be aware if they got your SS# they will 1099 you. Uncle Sam's taxing anything he can. My former co. did that to all plus-1's for every trip we had.

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks for the info!! Ugh I hadn't even thought about the possible 1099 issue though they didn't ask for SSNs so hopefully they aren't doing that and it didn't occur to them. I won a cash award once and I loved the award but hated the 1099 at tax time. :rolleyes:

Archived