Another thought on the "PLATINUM" debate

Funnily enough Berwyn i have just added a post to the thread about the drinks and all inc , i had a offers leaflet today from Bolsover CC, Celebrity are giving away FREE ALL INCLUSIVE on thier cruises if you book before the end of Feb 13, its worth up to $1400 per cabin on a 2 week cruise.:):)

The cruise prices are good too, the Venice 12 night fly cruise is from £1104 on an inside cabin £1334 for a balcony !!! ( Is this the one you meant ??)

Im not sure if you get the free all inc on that one , it doesnt say although from the leaflet it seems to be on them all.

Last night i did say to my husband we could cancel the Dream, use the deposit towards a cheap week in spain and book a week or 10 days last minute on P&O and still have change and get two holidays. I have a voucher for £200 off a P&O booking they have recently given me as a gesture of goodwill so would seem a sensible thing to do really.

Think is i really want to go on the Dream and so far we have paid £80 in cabin fees!!!! But if they reduce it again i may vote with my feet too. Nothing to do with the Platinum thing as not really worried about that. I like Thomsons ships whatever, just simple economics really. Just dont want to change it then regret it :confused: :confused:

Yes that's the one, 12 days, Italy and Croatia cruise it's called on celebrity website. We've got to pay final balance for Dream anytime now so it's a bit late to change as both cruises similar price and we have the "free" A.I. because we booked so early

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn , yes we have free all inc too , we booked in April on the day prices were released and i doubt i will change as in all fairness we prefer the older ships and just like Thomsons. We've got the deck we want , all inc , ive booked our cabin and extra leg room seats, we fly from Doncaster and its only 40 mins away so all in all its all just perfect. :)

Just really really hope they dont take the micky and reduce it so much between now and Oct that they really hack me off lol ! :rolleyes:

Will use my £200 on P&O next year as cant afford two cruises in one year, such a shame !! :(

Hi Berwyn , yes we have free all inc too , we booked in April on the day prices were released and i doubt i will change as in all fairness we prefer the older ships and just like Thomsons. We've got the deck we want , all inc , ive booked our cabin and extra leg room seats, we fly from Doncaster and its only 40 mins away so all in all its all just perfect. :)

Just really really hope they dont take the micky and reduce it so much between now and Oct that they really hack me off lol ! :rolleyes:

Will use my £200 on P&O next year as cant afford two cruises in one year, such a shame !! :(

Lovely, sounds like a lovely itinerary. I've had extra legroom before and it's great for the arthritic joints. But I can manage the flight to the Med in normal seats.

Berwyn

Yes that's the one, 12 days, Italy and Croatia cruise it's called on celebrity website. We've got to pay final balance for Dream anytime now so it's a bit late to change as both cruises similar price and we have the "free" A.I. because we booked so early

Berwyn

Just been having a look on Celebrity. Found a 12 nights cruise from Barcelona doing western Med and Adriatic, including Kotor and Dubrovnik. Flights and a balcony cabin for £3200 for two for 12 nights.

A Thomson Dream 14 night cruise in May for a Standard Inside cabin comes out at £3000. I know you get two nights more with this one, but for the luxurious new ship with Celebrity with a balcony cabin, you wonder how Thomson will continue charging what they do.

Just been having a look on Celebrity. Found a 12 nights cruise from Barcelona doing western Med and Adriatic, including Kotor and Dubrovnik. Flights and a balcony cabin for £3200 for two for 12 nights.

A Thomson Dream 14 night cruise in May for a Standard Inside cabin comes out at £3000. I know you get two nights more with this one, but for the luxurious new ship with Celebrity with a balcony cabin, you wonder how Thomson will continue charging what they do.

as much as we love Thomson cruises we would move to a new cruise line with offers like this. Especially since DW loves the bigger ships.

Berwyn

Archived