New 10-day Eastern & Southern Caribbean Voager and Medley Cruise????Anyone??

Hello-Kitty

Anyone taking one of these?? They offer a Southern Caribbean Medley and a Eastern Caribbean Voager.

I am looking to book in either Jan,Feb, or early March 2006 for either of these. I cant seem to get the price lower, it seems so high, i am getting approx 1,500 for balcony.

Has anyone gotten better???? And where.

The itineray looks great, but the couple i am going with is on a budget, to me its worth it!! LOL

Hello Hello-Kitty

We have a roll call going for the Sun Princess (Eastern Caribbean Voyager ) departing on January 17th 2006 if you would like to join us.

Heres the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=140882

To answer you question about the Balcony cabin rates. I have yet to see any rates under 1500.00 right now. As a matter of fact I've only seen then around the 2000.00 range. I know that the January 17th sailing is starting to get booked up.

I hope this helps some what.

Jeffry

a balcony for jan. 27 sailing last week. we're not allowed to mention specific agents here, but it was on-line...and it was probably the second-largest cruise broker after travelocity..dealing with cruises specifically.

prices have gone up, up, up...we were going to wait until seeing how many cabins were already booked. i posted something similar on another thread, but it bares repeating: the cruise industry has quickly changed. the economy is better in lots of places...and terror fears have dimmed. some cruises are now filling up a a year in advance. we're bummed we couldn't go on sea princess in the upcoming winter months...but the prices are crazy for princess. no thanks. and some are sold out.

we, too, had grown accustomed to rock-bottom prices in recent years. and if you're flexible and willing to sail inside, you can still find them. but if you want one of these particular sailings and your friends demand a balcony, you may want to book now. if you have an on-line booking credit, your final payment isn't due until the end of november...so if the price goes lower, you can snag it...

good luck. i find this stressful, too. i'm usually pretty cocky, thinking i've found the lowest price (and i know i have compared to what other people say). but this year, not so sure. the people who booked winter sailings a few months ago may have been the true bargain finders. sigh.

Amagar.....you are right about the prices going up up up. We booked at just the right time for the 14 day Sea Princess cruise departing Ft. Lauderdale on Feb 25. We got an inside room for $1408, cat JJ. (hoping for an upgrade)We tried to get the same deal for someone else and the insides are gone and all other rooms are selling for a premium price. We have never booked a cruise this far out but we watch the prices like the stock market and thought we better get moving. Glad we did! Which cruise did you book?

Hellokitty....If you really want to get the best price, get it now or it will be gone. If the prices go down, you can ususally get your TA to reduce the price. Just keep watching them online to compare.

hey cruzzers...it's billed as the eastern...but it's really southern, heading to grenada, st. vincent, martinique, etc.

so jealous of the 14-day. hubby and i wanted terribly to book that inside room (and have lamented over it for weeks) but we're sailing with parents who demand a balcony. an we didn't think they should pay $2,600 each...great itinerary. as it is, they have the balcony and then we're inside for $934 each on the 10-night. and then, with the money we save, we're abandoning parents at the airport and diving down to key west for 4 nights before flying home to the winter snows of Cleveland : )

still envy your journey, though

Hello-Kitty

I would have to agree with amagar and cruzzers on this and should have said something before. With the way the rates are going right now and that's up up up. I'd be thinking about booking as soon as you can especially if your wanting a balcony cabin. I know after looking a couple online sites our January 17th cruise shows only a couple of balcony (2) categories left.

We have a JJ inside booked right now and were hoping for a upgrade but not sure if it well happen.

Amagar

You'll enjoy Key West. Make sure you go on the Ghost tour it's he best. We went last year in October (for 3 nights) before our cruise and loved it. The only draw back is the drive down its very long.

Jeffry

thanks for all your responses, i am still hoping to book. I think 1,500 is still okay for a 10 day on princess but i would love a little cheaper!! But u are all right i cant wait to long!!

If any other suggestions or u see something good , please let me know:D

Archived