Ended up at Paradise Beach May 25 and we were glad!

terryde

We rented a car in Cozumel May 25 and visited several beaches - Dzul Ha, Palmar Beach estates that was supposed to be open (Sherri emailed me just before we came and said "Come on!" and we got there and it had been closed for two weeks and was still closed! Would have appreciated it if she had told us in advance.......), also several other beaches - well, really, nothing compared to Paradise beach. There were 4 ships in that day and we stayed there from 8:30 to noon - and it was never full or too crowded! We were able to use kayaks, floats, snorkeling equip, etc whenever we wanted it. This is a very nice facility with everything in great condition, and beautiful. The staff is really the best - very helpful and attentive (if you want it!) and we have nothing but praise for Paradise Beach. We didn't expect it to be so much nicer than anywhere else! Also the snorkeling by the reef (that is enclosed in the area there) was very good. My husband may have been the oldest to climb the iceberg that day!

I do have a sep. post for another place we went - Mescalito's on the other side of the island - for food, drinks, relaxing, it is also nice if you have a car (would probably be expensive to go there by cab).

At other beaches, there are sales areas that you have to pass through on the way to the beach - and the people are agressive and pushy. No such thing at Paradise Beach. There is one small stand where you can buy tee shirts, etc, but I promise they aren't interested in hassling you there!

My husband said that next trip to Cozumel he would just as soon take a cab directly to Paradise beach and spend the day there. You can also drink more if you aren't driving!

Hi Terry

So sorry for any inconvenience when you stopped at PalMar last week. I'm sure I did email you to stay stop by because we didn't expect to have to close last week due to a critical pool maintenance/repair issue. We decided on Monday the 22nd to close until the pool issue was resolved because the work involved would have disrupted everyone utilizing the pool/snack bar area. Since a mechanical part from the mainland was involved, I decided to play it safe and indicate we would reopen Monday the 29th. This is why the sign on the gate stated we would be closed May 22 - 26th.

Unfortunately, we can't predict these things and I again apologize for any inconvenience. It does sound like you had a wonderful time here on the island anyway and that's all that really matters!! So glad you had a great day in Cozumel!

Archived