Celebrity | Constellation | November 24, 2013 - G&L

OrlandoCruizer

Good morning, OrlandoCruizer, well I guess we must have met. I think it was the Equinox as I haven't been on the Eclipse. I was going to go on the Eclipse this November as a whole bunch of guys from my Connie crossing in the Spring of 2012, were planning a group outing. I really like the Connie and was happier booking this trip. I have had quite enough of Rome, but hey, that's where she's leaving from. I will fly in a day earlier just in case and stay in Civitavecchia overnight and then walk across the street and board the ship.

Shall we plan on meeting at the Martini bar first night out at say, 730ish, All gay cruisers, plan on the Martini Bar either pre/post dinner, first night out. I think it's important to get this party started, Right?

Howard in just awakening, but always beautiful Fort Lauderdale:)

Yes I'm pretty sure it was the May 2nd, 2011 sailing on the Equinox - how cool!

Yes, Matt and I (and my sister) will be at the Martini Bar pretty much every night around 7ish so we certainly look forward to meeting everyone there! :D

Nice! We were looking at Back-To-Back but alas, we got the "look" from our 18 year old dog and thought - nah, too long to be gone. LOL Last year we were gone for 7 weeks and when we get home, she didn't look at us for a week. LOL

We have an entire farm full of animals and coming home from a month long trip will be interesting. Our 14 year old dog will no doubt be pretty put out for a while!

• 4 weeks later...

I just realized I haven't said hello yet. I will be doing the B2B from Istanbul. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and will be meeting a friend coming aboard in Rome. (He will be up on a beautiful balcony and I'll be down in the basement!) We both did the TA last year and love the ship. Looking forward to meeting all of you for a great crossing!

My husband (Bill) won’t be able to do the cruise because he has taken a new position. I will still be traveling with two female friends. We have all cruised many times and have done many TA's.

As for anyone worrying about how gay friendly Celebrity/Constellation is... it’s not an issue! Beautiful ship I have been on a few times.

In Rome just overnight and will hopefully meet all of you soon.

A

My husband (Bill) won’t be able to do the cruise because he has taken a new position. I will still be traveling with two female friends. We have all cruised many times and have done many TA's.

As for anyone worrying about how gay friendly Celebrity/Constellation is... it’s not an issue! Beautiful ship I have been on a few times.

In Rome just overnight and will hopefully meet all of you soon.

A

We will also be in Rome a few nights before the cruise. My husband Matt is from your neck of the woods!

Maybe we can meet up in Rome before the cruise? We're doing a few things the day before but perhaps we can meet up somewhere in the early evening? :D

That would be great but now the others would prefer to stay in Civitavecchia since we have been to Rome so many times..

We can meet up on the ship! I have never stayed in Civitavecchia not sure what its going to be like but its only one night..

Anthony:(

That would be great but now the others would prefer to stay in Civitavecchia since we have been to Rome so many times..

We can meet up on the ship! I have never stayed in Civitavecchia not sure what its going to be like but its only one night..

Anthony:(

I've only seen the Port area and I'm sure there's more to the town than that area. It reminded me of Newark! LOL

Newark. Not looking forward to that!

Everyone seems a little quiet on this thread? The cruise will be here in no time!!

Anthony

You're right - this has been a very quiet board!

We're leaving in 36 more days for Rome.... not that I'm counting down or anything... :D

You're right - this has been a very quiet board!

We're leaving in 36 more days for Rome.... not that I'm counting down or anything... :D

It may be quiet here because we can barely keep up with the other board, 1900+ posts!

We'll have been on the boat when everyone arives :D but probably touring Rome that day. We leave on Nov 10! less than 4 weeks but I have trips between now and then to Denver and Nassau not to mention a few driving trips. Looking forward to the Martini Bar :)

I'm definitely counting down the days to this one!

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

My husband and I will be arriving in Rome on the 19th along with my Sister and her husband. Staying near the Roma Termini to be able to hop on the train to the port on the 24th. We have been on the Constellation for a few TAs and love the ship. Always a great crowd at the Martini Bar. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

33 days and counting !!

Tim & Dale

Denver, CO

My husband and I will be arriving in Rome on the 19th along with my Sister and her husband. Staying near the Roma Termini to be able to hop on the train to the port on the 24th. We have been on the Constellation for a few TAs and love the ship. Always a great crowd at the Martini Bar. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

33 days and counting !!

Tim & Dale

Denver, CO

That's an awesome area! We're staying 2 blocks from the Vatican because my sister is coming with us and she's never been to Rome before. Last year we stayed in the North part of Rome and it was simply amazing. I like Rome a lot.

We've got a private tour planned on the 23rd if anyone is interested in joining us =)

We're staying close to dowtown. Rome and We'll probably go for diner in the city on the 23Nov in Piazza Navona and we're catching the train at noon on 24Nov from Termini. We'll probably take the train to Florence, anybody have any plans on that day ?

We're staying close to dowtown. Rome and We'll probably go for diner in the city on the 23Nov in Piazza Navona and we're catching the train at noon on 24Nov from Termini. We'll probably take the train to Florence, anybody have any plans on that day ?

Hi All,

My hubby and I and another gay friend just booked. This will be our second transatlantic, but first time sailing with Celebrity. Our friends have all raved about Celebrity.

We're still looking for excursions. The ones offered by Celebrity do not seem to be too appealing.

JeanPatrick, we are from Ottawa. We are definitely interested in Florence and extremely disappointed that we are arriving on a Monday, when all the must see (Accademia, Uffizi, Vasari Passage) are all closed.

Billy and Matt, we are also interested in Marrakech, but not certain about driving ourselves in Morocco. Are you thinking of a private tour or hiring a driver? My hubby speaks French. So, does our friend who is travelling with us.

We have done the train to Civitavecchia. The train itself is pretty nice, but next to no luggage space. There are no escalators or elevators at the Civitavecchia station, so you have to carry your luggage up about 30 steps. Then you need to catch a short taxi ride to the ship. If there are enough of us, it may be worth hiring a van (180 Euros for 8 people). Anyone interested? We are staying at the Hotel Aventino near Circus Maximus.

You can reach me directly at paulchwong at rogers dot com.

Paul & Len

Hi All,

Billy and Matt, we are also interested in Marrakech, but not certain about driving ourselves in Morocco. Are you thinking of a private tour or hiring a driver? My hubby speaks French. So, does our friend who is travelling with us.

Paul & Len

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. I actually took a lot of time to research this and I called my friend up in Rabat, Morocco and I also spoke with a few Moroccans that work in my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant near my house.... they all said the same thing - the drive is simply too dangerous because of the terrain and that more people die on that road than anywhere else in Morocco. So, needless to say - we're not going to do it after all.

After doing more research about Agadir, I don't think we're as disappointed because from what we understand, it's a beautiful city with lots to do.... ;)

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. I actually took a lot of time to research this and I called my friend up in Rabat, Morocco and I also spoke with a few Moroccans that work in my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant near my house.... they all said the same thing - the drive is simply too dangerous because of the terrain and that more people die on that road than anywhere else in Morocco. So, needless to say - we're not going to do it after all.

After doing more research about Agadir, I don't think we're as disappointed because from what we understand, it's a beautiful city with lots to do.... ;)

Hi Billy & Matt,

Good call. I wasn't aware of the danger of the drive itself. I had heard stories of tourists being hijacked or robbed.

Agadir is the only excursion we have booked with Celebrity so far. However, if something else better comes along, we'll switch.

Still working on excursions for all the other ports.

Paul & Len

Good morning all, I was wondering if there were any "Trivia" player on board this trip? Any hopes for a "Gay" Team? Don't forget everyone, "Martini Bar" pre dinner Meet and Mingle. This will be "the" spot every evening, not only the LGBT crowd, but for the "others" as well. Usually gets going by 730PM for the pre-2nd seating. I have heard of a few also showing up for pre-1st seating as well. However, "The Others" are in mass attendance, in both pre-seatings and has become a little too popular for my taste.:rolleyes:

What can one do?:confused:

Howard in dark but always beautiful Fort Lauderdale:)

Good day Howard,

Patrick and I have the "dine when you want" option so diner is never a problem but we're also not big on full blast str8 meet&mingle but I'm sure we can find another spot to have drinks. I guess we can all figure it out once we get on board. :D

Orlandocruizer..... Bill and Matt..................................from Orlando

TT_d...................Tim and Dale.................................from Denver

Zurichguy.............Brian and Erika.............................from Baltimore

JeanPatrick...........Jean and Patrick and Marie-France...from Montreal

Albany_cruises......Anthony and Bill............................from Albany

Need2bespoiled.....Jena and ????................................from Maine

Euroman..............?? and ??......................................from Florida

Tomcat3791..........Tom and Scott...............................from Wyomissing

Howndder.............Howard........................................from Fort Lauderdale

Outbound09...........Dave...........................................from Fort Lauderdale

Sabahan................Paul and Len and ??......................from Ottawa

People from Meet me on board

JK0141..................Jay.............................................from Toronto

Stefanlopez............Stefan.........................................from Albuquerque

Total of 24 people that we know of....

Will be fun.

We Jean and I need that break from all that happend in the past 2 months...

Patrick

Edited by jeanpatrick

Good morning all, I was wondering if there were any "Trivia" player on board this trip? Any hopes for a "Gay" Team? Don't forget everyone, "Martini Bar" pre dinner Meet and Mingle. This will be "the" spot every evening, not only the LGBT crowd, but for the "others" as well. Usually gets going by 730PM for the pre-2nd seating. I have heard of a few also showing up for pre-1st seating as well. However, "The Others" are in mass attendance, in both pre-seatings and has become a little too popular for my taste.:rolleyes:

What can one do?:confused:

Howard in dark but always beautiful Fort Lauderdale:)

Hi Howard - you already know Matt and I are HUGE Trivia players! And sometimes, we even win! LOL :D

Orlandocruizer..... Bill and Matt..................................from Orlando

TT_d...................Tim and Dale.................................from Denver

Zurichguy.............Brian and Erika.............................from Baltimore

JeanPatrick...........Jean and Patrick and Marie-France...from Montreal

Albany_cruises......Anthony and Bill............................from Albany

Need2bespoiled.....Jena and ????................................from Maine

Euroman..............?? and ??......................................from Florida

Tomcat3791..........Tom and Scott...............................from Wyomissing

Howndder.............Howard........................................from Fort Lauderdale

Outbound09...........Dave...........................................from Fort Lauderdale

Sabahan................Paul and Len and ??......................from Ottawa

People from Meet me on board

JK0141..................Jay.............................................from Toronto

Stefanlopez............Stefan.........................................from Albuquerque

Total of 24 people that we know of....

Will be fun.

We Jean and I need that break from all that happend in the past 2 months...

Patrick

Jenna and Darlene (I call her Dee)...going on 17 years and counting!