Comfort Inn Airport/stores nearby?

daigleclan

We are staying at the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South,

2520 Stirling Rd., Hollywood, FL the night (Friday night) before our cruise. We don't land at FFL until 11:15 PM. Are there any stores near that hotel open either late that night or in the morning before we head to the pier to buy a case of water and a couple of bottles of wine? Thanks for your help.

If you have a BJ's Wholesale Club card, there is a BJ's Wholesale Club at the Oakwood Plaza Shopping Center. They would be open on Saturday morning. Also, on the corner of Federal Highway and Stirling Road, there is a Walgreens Drugstore that sells wine and liquor as well as bottled water. You would have to take a cab to the Walgreens, but it is only a mile away. So, if you're cruise is departing from Port Everglades, perhaps you could stop there on your way to the port. It would be on the route from your hotel to Port Everglades if your cab driver doesn't take the highway.

If you have a BJ's Wholesale Club card, there is a BJ's Wholesale Club at the Oakwood Plaza Shopping Center. They would be open on Saturday morning. Also, on the corner of Federal Highway and Stirling Road, there is a Walgreens Drugstore that sells wine and liquor as well as bottled water. You would have to take a cab to the Walgreens, but it is only a mile away. So, if you're cruise is departing from Port Everglades, perhaps you could stop there on your way to the port. It would be on the route from your hotel to Port Everglades if your cab driver doesn't take the highway.

I've been told you don't need a membership at BJ's to buy liquor and K-Mart has a good selection of wines so I see no reason to pay extra cab fare.

I've been told you don't need a membership at BJ's to buy liquor and K-Mart has a good selection of wines so I see no reason to pay extra cab fare.

BJ's wine selection is inside the store, not the liquor entrance that doesn't need the card. There are some deals out there that let you have a 60 day pass with no surcharges or on their website they have a 1 day pass with a 15% surcharge (not sure if good on wine/alcohol).

Kmart should do fine, although I absolutely HATE that Kmart. Overpriced and the employees visibly hate their job. They would pretty much have all of the nick knacks you would need and its like a 5 minute walk from the hotel. I'd deal with them over taking a cab somewhere else, although their wine selection isn't as good as Publix/Total Wine.

Archived