Information Please.

Capri73

Hi Tiki

Sorry, I don't want to rock the boat You are right, this is the best forum.

Capri73, just moved from CT to PHX. Thought maybe they would like to meet with me.

Zoey4545

PS you and Emdee give the best info. Thank's for all you're help:);)

Thank you,

This is a very special trip.Our 40th anniversary.We are still unsure if the balcony is worth the price.:)

Capri - If you haven't already done so, be sure to sign up for PG's email list. Every so often they run a two-week sale on select cruises/dates. My husband and I sailed on the PG last year for our 10th anniversary, and we were able to get a deck 6 balcony cabin at a window cabin price - that helped us justify the cost of booking a balcony cabin. ;-)

Personally? I think I'd be just as happy with a window cabin on our next PG cruise; they're the same size as the deck 6/7 balcony cabins (apart from the balcony footage), and I'd put my money toward a pre- and/or post-cruise stay instead. My husband insists that a balcony is a must on this type of cruise; but if your itinerary has you in port every day, you may not even make much use of it. I stepped out on our balcony a few mornings to take photos, and we had room-service breakfast there one morning. But you can just as easily go to any of the public decks to take in the views. I preferred dining in the restaurants rather than our balcony (more room, more choices, and more time with the wonderful staff), and after a day in port, we tended to head to La Palette or the Piano Bar for drinks - it was more fun being social with others than hanging out by ourselves on our balcony.

One other thing - when you book your cruise, be sure to tell your PG rep or TA that you're celebrating an anniversary. You'll get an invitation to the special marriage blessing they do one evening on deck.

I know I should not be doing laundry on vacation but it cuts down on luggage.Is there a self service or does everything have to be sent out?

They don't have self-service laundry onboard; you have to send items to be washed or dry cleaned and pressed. We thought the prices for individual clothing items were pretty expensive, so we brought enough clothes to avoid doing laundry on the ship. But afterward, I found out that the PG offers unlimited laundry packages (I believe it's just machine washing; no dry cleaning) at a fairly reasonable per-cabin price. You just have to book the laundry package before you sail: http://www.pgcruises.com/pre-reserve-packages

If you do a pre- or post-cruise hotel stay, you should have the option to do self-service laundry there. The Tahiti InterContinental has a few free washers and dryers scattered around the resort (the rooms have one washer and one dryer; I think there are three public laundry rooms). I brought a sample-sized pack of detergent and a few dryer sheets, and did one load before we boarded the ship. (The laundry room I used was a short walk from the main pool, so I relaxed poolside during the wash and dry cycles.)

Hope that helps! Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

There are no washer/dryers in the rooms themselves. Each building has a small wash/dryer room. You can ask one of the room cleaners to give you a small box of soap.

LOL - I meant the laundry rooms, not the hotel rooms. (Each laundry room has one washer and one dryer, which surprised me, as I usually think of hotel laundry rooms as having multiple machines.) Guess I should have been clearer...

Archived