We leave tomorrow for Alaska. One last packing question on layers

azguy

Hello all,

Thanks to those who have provided my wife and I with help as we planned our first cruise and our first trip to Alaska.

We are doing 7 days of touring on our own (Anchorage, Talkeetna, Denali, Seward) and then a 7 day cruise (Whittier to Vancouver, stops in Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway).

We live in Scottsdale, AZ and our supply of (non-work) long sleeve shirts is non-existent. I am currently planning on wearing jeans or dress slacks (as appropriate for activities) with a polo shirt along with either/and a "heavier" weight fleece type jacket and a sweatshirt. Of course, we also have a hat to cover our ears and gloves if needed.

During the pre-touring and port cities I plan to mostly wear a polo shirt with just the jacket or a polo shirt with just a sweatshirt. Should this be fine?

One sweatshirt is solid blue, the other solid gray, with a small Nike emblem on the front left breast. Will this be appropriate if worn in the dining rooms on non-formal nights along with a polo shirt and dress slacks?

Thanks.

During the pre-touring and port cities I plan to mostly wear a polo shirt with just the jacket or a polo shirt with just a sweatshirt. Should this be fine?

Was there last week and this would have been just fine. Was mostly in short sleeves.

One sweatshirt is solid blue, the other solid gray, with a small Nike emblem on the front left breast. Will this be appropriate if worn in the dining rooms on non-formal nights along with a polo shirt and dress slacks?

Before doing Alaska, in my opinion, the dining room was for dressy clothes, however on our recent cruise, we saw lots of people in jeans and the maitre de let them get away with it. One man wore overalls, which were his "dressy" pair, I guess. By the end of the cruise I was wanting to wear jeans, too. Alaska cruising seems much less formal than other locations.

Archived