Vacations that rival cruising

Sweetdreams

:confused: Did I really start this thread?

Sitting on a beautiful serene lake in the high peaks of the Adirondacks, thinking what bliss! But no one cleaned our rooms while we ate breakfast.

No one set up the lounge chairs on the deck. There was not turn down service or chocolates on our pillows all week. We had to bring our own chocolates! Strange while enjoying this piece of paradise my thoughts retrieve those sweet memories of "cruising"!!!

What can I say?

My DH does not really care for flying and will only do it if he absolutely HAS to (read: I make him), so that kind of limits us. We have a motorhome and the vast majority of our trips are done that way. One of our best was a Christmas trip to Port Aransas, TX and San Antonio that also included the 2000 New Years.

I know there are many here who don't care for Disney (hi, RevNeal), but it's our all-time favorite. My DS is almost 20 and has probably been there 15 times. We LOVE Fort Wilderness!

This will be our first cruise, so that may soon become our favorite.....

We own a timeshare at the Royal Resorts in Cancun. I often compare the Royal's to a HAL cruise ship because of their similarities. They are as clean as a HAL ship (with daily maid service), the service is as good, I'd say maybe even better, and I feel like I've been on a cruise when I leave at the end of my vacation. I unpack once and I can use all 5 resorts that belong to the Royals, with free shuttles to take you back and forth for free. Many of the activities are free and there is a travel desk to arrange for excursions. They even have a web site where you can do this in advance, etc.

The food isn't included but they have excellent restaurants, and one is rated the one of the top dining spots in Cancun but only members can go there. Of course, we have much bigger accomodations than we do on board a ship, our two bedroom, two bath condo is 1600 square feet, including the huge balcony.

Archived