Family Oceanview on RCI Brilliance

rm1247

We are planning a cruise on Brilliance of the Seas later this year and have booked a Family Oceanview cabin. We are traveling with our 4 children, ages 3-15. This will be our fourth cruise, and in the past we've always had 2 connecting cabins. This is a longer cruise and the Family Oceanview is considerably cheaper than even connecting insides.

I'd love to hear about your experiences in the RCI Family Oceanview cabins, particularly on the Radiance Class ships. I still haven't figured out the layout of our room - we're on the 8th deck, with just one window. I could switch to one of the other FO's if they had a better layout.

I'm particularly interested in knowing if anyone has had issues with too much movement that far forward. We've always sailed mid-ship and were never bothered by motion, even in rocky seas.

Thanks for your help!

I have been in a family ocean view on the Liberty of the Sea and it was wonderful. Plenty of room and the couch(futon) was very comfortable for grandma(me).

I have also booked a family view on the Jewel of the Sea for my family next March. The room doesn't look quite as big but I'm sure it will be fine.

The cabin on the Liberty was huge. Right at the front o the ship but we had no trouble with motion. Of course we were in the caribbean in January when the seas are calm.

You will enjoy it and much cheaper then 2 cabins. Only having one bathroom was not a problem.

Sue

We had a family OV on the Navigator of the Seas. I do not know how this compares with your cabin on the Brilliance, but I really liked it.

We were on deck 6 (I think) completely forward. I was worried about being so far forward but it was fine. Our cruise was very smooth, though.

I was in the room with 5-6 grandkids; sometimes they switched with the balcony cabin we had farther down. There is a queen (or two twin) bed that can be curtained off from the rest of the cabin. That was nice when I wanted to read late at night or wanted some privacy. Also a big sofa sleeper and a bunk room.

The bunk room was very popular and often all four girls slept in there together! They loved having their own private space.

The room was large with two big closets and plenty of other storage space. I think we had two big windows which looked out on a deck area at the front of the ship. They were so big a child could sit in them.

The one negative was the one bathroom, but we coped, even with me, four girls, and one or more boys. The kids loved that we were only one short flight up from the cafe--name escapes me--for late-night snacks.

I can try to post pictures, but don't know how to resize them, so it doesn't usually work for me.

Archived