RCL Questions?

CruisingCamper

Hello, we haven't cruised on RCL since we have had children. I have a few questions if anyone could answer! Thanks so much, just trying to get prepared for our cruise in a few weeks. And with the Search function not working properly I am having a difficult time:) we will be on the Mariner of the Seas

Is Vanilla Silk available onboard?

What cereals (cheerios, fruit loops, etc) and flavors of yogurt are available on buffet or at breakfast?

Are Ham & Cheese Sandwiches available to from room service?

Does the nursery give you a phone so you can be reached if needed? And can u call to check in with them about how your child is doing? Are they friendly? I'm nervous about this. We have had wonderful experience with the nursery on Disney, but in Carnival when they offered care for babies it was not good for us.

Once onboard, can we switch our dining to Family Time? Right now, it's says Full. But in February, I hope it would be room for us to switch bc right now all we could book was late seating.

We have family oceanview cabin 9500. Anyone had these type cabins? I hear its quiet large for a cabin, so I'm excited about having the room with little ones.

Thanks!!! I appreciate any info anyone can provide:)

Hi, I'll answer what I can, I have a 3 yr old and a 17 mo old. The 3 yr old has been on Rccl twice. The cereal, typical Cheerios, fruit loops, frosted flakes, corn puffs, etc. Milk is available at windjammer where the drink are (you have to ask for it though if its not breakfast) and also at Sorrentos, again ask for it. Central Cafe as has milk at breakfast.

Nursery was excellent, we used them a few times for both kids. Yes they give you a phone and although they never needed to call me I called them a couple of times to check in (my nerves) they we very friendly and polite. They really seemed top notch with the kids. After the first time the kids loved to go there.

My time dining is very hard to switch onboard and we had no luck and ended up with early which ended up working out well for us.

We bought an upgrade while boarding on the Allure to a family balcony. It was AWESOME to have that space!!! There are built in bunk beds, there is a curtain that separates your bed from the rest of the room, the bathroom is huge and lots of space. You will love this room!!!

As for cartoons they have a dedicated Dreamworks channel and also another sprout type channel. By the way not sure if Mariner has the character dining experience... If they do I highly recommend this. It's no extra fee and the kids love it. Try to book before you go, it's limited space.

I think that covers your questions, let me know if there's anything else you wondering about. All in all we love cruising and Rccl is awesome for families. :D

Hi, I'll answer what I can, I have a 3 yr old and a 17 mo old. The 3 yr old has been on Rccl twice. The cereal, typical Cheerios, fruit loops, frosted flakes, corn puffs, etc. Milk is available at windjammer where the drink are (you have to ask for it though if its not breakfast) and also at Sorrentos, again ask for it. Central Cafe as has milk at breakfast.

Nursery was excellent, we used them a few times for both kids. Yes they give you a phone and although they never needed to call me I called them a couple of times to check in (my nerves) they we very friendly and polite. They really seemed top notch with the kids. After the first time the kids loved to go there.

My time dining is very hard to switch onboard and we had no luck and ended up with early which ended up working out well for us.

We bought an upgrade while boarding on the Allure to a family balcony. It was AWESOME to have that space!!! There are built in bunk beds, there is a curtain that separates your bed from the rest of the room, the bathroom is huge and lots of space. You will love this room!!!

As for cartoons they have a dedicated Dreamworks channel and also another sprout type channel. By the way not sure if Mariner has the character dining experience... If they do I highly recommend this. It's no extra fee and the kids love it. Try to book before you go, it's limited space.

I think that covers your questions, let me know if there's anything else you wondering about. All in all we love cruising and Rccl is awesome for families. :D

Thank you so much for the answers! Sounds like y'all had a great cruise! Good news about the answers!

[/color]752253]Hello' date=' we haven't cruised on RCL since we have had children. I have a few questions if anyone could answer! Thanks so much, just trying to get prepared for our cruise in a few weeks. And with the Search function not working properly I am having a difficult time:) we will be on the Mariner of the Seas

Is Vanilla Silk available onboard?i have never seen it on any RCL ship.

What cereals (cheerios, fruit loops, etc) and flavors of yogurt are available on buffet or at breakfast? They can vary from day to day. Cereal comes in small boxes. If you see a cereal that you prefer, grab a few to keep in your cabin. They make great snacks that you can take ashore. Yogurt flavors vary as well.

Are Ham & Cheese Sandwiches available to from room service? I don't know, sorry.

Does the nursery give you a phone so you can be reached if needed? And can u call to check in with them about how your child is doing? Are they friendly? I'm nervous about this. We have had wonderful experience with the nursery on Disney, but in Carnival when they offered care for babies it was not good for us. I seem to remember that they at least give you a pager that buzzes when you are needed. You can then call from a house phone which can be found in various locations on board. I'm not too sure if my info is up to date.

Once onboard, can we switch our dining to Family Time? Right now, it's says Full. But in February, I hope it would be room for us to switch bc right now all we could book was late seating. Go to the dining room as soon as you board and try to get this switched. If you wait until that first night, it may be too late. You my be able to switch to my time. If not, you could feed the kids in the Windjammer, then eat as a couple while the kids are in Adventure Ocean.

We have family oceanview cabin 9500. Anyone had these type cabins? I hear its quiet large for a cabin, so I'm excited about having the room with little ones.I don't think that you have a tub. Many cruisers take a small blow-up tub for infants and toddlers. You can also use this in the pool area for non-toilet trained kids. FYI, Kids that are not completely toilet trained are not allowed in any of the pools.

Thanks!!! I appreciate any info anyone can provide:)

Hope this helps. Responses above in red.

Archived