Indy..Deck 8 Prom room..will I like??

Gizzy02

HI.

I am currently booked on Deck 8, Promenade room, on the Independence of the Seas for Feb 2014. When I booked these connecting cabins the only thing open was on Deck 8 so I thought I better grab them and put down our deposit. Well, now there are connecting cabins open on Deck 6 and 7 which I wanted to start with.

Just wondering if anyone has stayed on Deck 8 in one of the Prom cabins and what they thought of them.

I don't want to go through the hassle of redoing our reservation if I'm just worried about nothing. We have never had this type of cabin before so it's new to me.

Thanks for any info anyone has!

Thanks!! :)

We stayed in promenade cabin on deck 6 on Indy (ended cruise a year to the day today actually!) and loved it! It's the location midship which did it for us. Remembering not to switch the lights on with the curtains open unless you are ready is a must though :)

I LOVE the promenade rooms on the Indy, especially the rooms on Deck 8. It's an affordable option for a great cruise. It's a beautiful ship and you'll have a great time. We were going to go for Deck 8 promenade on our upcoming cruise on the Navigator to save some cash, but then a Large Oceanview GTY opened up for $100 more per person ... low and behold they gave us a balcony! Moral of the story - keep an eye out for upgrades, but if you stick with the Deck 8 promenade, you'll be very happy!

I was on deck 7 promenade room on Indy this month... We loved it! The deck 8 windows slant down so you can lean over and get a better angle of the promenade.

Just keep in mind that if your curtains are open, the rooms opposite you on the promenade can see RIGHT into your room, all the way to the door! So keep the curtains closed when changing and anything else you don't want seen :)

Archived