NO UK QUARANTINE with Cunard

MollyBrown

Not many people seem to know this yet, but Cunard has been accepted as a carrier for the Pet Travel Scheme. This means you can bring your pet to the UK with NO QUARANTINE. There are certain requirements however, which are roughly as follows: Rabies shot, and Blood Test for the rabies shot at least SIX MONTHS before departure; microchip, and Pet Passport (plus I think, tick and tapeworm treatment, something like that). You can find out all the details from the DEFRA website (just search for DEFRA, and then look for the Pet Travel Scheme).

Also, don't forget to insist that their computer is wrong, if they tell you the kennels are full. This is a computer error (to which they have admitted). I have talked to those on QM2 who are in charge of the kennels, and they have told me the kennels have never been full, or even close.

If more people know that there is no quarantine now, and that there has been an error with the computer reporting the kennels as full, perhaps the kennels WILL become full, and perhaps Princess won't remove them!

Archived