El Tigre vs. Heat Wave vs. Small Cats vs. Jolly Roger vs. cool runnings

EHM

Out of all these different catamarans, how do you choose which one? We want to go to the best places, for the least money (common sense?). They all sound great, how do you decide? What are your best recommendations?

• 8 years later...

Just back from Barbados. We went with Calabaza and were so pleased. Smaller is the way to go with snorkeling excursions, I think.

It was, however, our most expensive excursion of the cruise: $110.

I am kind of a cheapskate, but was so happy to be on that boat, eating Gina's fabulous cooking, in the shade when I wanted, and with a snorkel guide who was looking out for us.

We saw other catamarans-- Tiami looked so overcrowded, and the Calabaza crew member assisted a young boy who was clearly in trouble in the crowd.

Cool Runnings looked nice for the younger set-- loud music, lots of bikinis, contests for diving off side. But that was not for us. Depends on what you want!

Out of all these different catamarans, how do you choose which one? We want to go to the best places, for the least money (common sense?). They all sound great, how do you decide? What are your best recommendations?

You can try going to Trip Advisor and read the reviews others have posted. This will give you an idea of what to expect from each tour company and then you can decide from there. Also go to the company's website and read what they offer. You are already off to a good start by asking questions on these boards.

Whom ever you choose I hope you have a great time!

Archived