Coral Breeze Tours???

runnrgirl74

Has anyone done the Coral Breeze Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration tour???

I'm thinking about doing this with my 5 and 8 year old sons. The cruise's tours don't have snorkeling for my 5 year old and this one we have the chance to snorkel with nurse sharks which my kids would be super excited about.

Also, how's lunch at the chosen restaurant? Is it better to get the island's stewed chicken, rice and beans elsewhere?

Has anyone done the Coral Breeze Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration tour???

I'm thinking about doing this with my 5 and 8 year old sons. The cruise's tours don't have snorkeling for my 5 year old and this one we have the chance to snorkel with nurse sharks which my kids would be super excited about.

Also, how's lunch at the chosen restaurant? Is it better to get the island's stewed chicken, rice and beans elsewhere?

We have done this tour many times with Coral Breeze & in our opinion the chosen restaurant is as good as any, as is their local dish of stewed chicken. I ask for the breast portion when arriving at the restaurant & placing my drink order just to be sure that I get my favorite piece. You can probably do a Google search for the Paradise Motel & restaurant on Caye Caulker & get some pics of this place or someone here might post you some. We have some but who knows where they are ?

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

PS; to the post above.

Your five year old might be a bit young for the actual snorkeling part of the trip but not for the visit with the nurse sharks & rays which is done in rather still waters.

Email Coral Breeze & ask Mark about your five year old & snorkeling ?

Bill in FL

We were there last week. Loved it! We were four and chose the lunch option. My husband got the stewed chicken and rice/beans, I chose the chicken burrito and my in-laws chose the grilled chicken sandwich. None of us were disappointed, but I think my husband's was the best. Oh and the bucket of 6 beers for $10 wasn't too shabby either. :D

One reason we chose the lunch option is because it's basically ready for you as soon as you arrive back at the Caye. You may lose some valuable island time if you have to choose where and what you want to eat elsewhere.

Enjoy!

Susan

Thank you guys!!!

Bill, my 5 year old is an avid swimmer, we live in Florida so he swims 8-9 months out of the year. He's fine in deeper water or I wouldn't have even considered snorkeling for him. He's been begging to scuba dive, but can't even start the "bubbles" portion until he is 8, I hope to have him open water certified at 10 if he is still interested.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise. We booked through Coral Breeze for a snorkel tour to Caye Caulker. We took the tender in to the port and found Coral Breeze easily with the directions they gave us. We checked in but had to wait a long time before we boarded the boats for the tour. There appeared to be some confusion with other passengers. They took 2 boats out but made all wait until both were full. This delay took away some of the time we had to spend on the island. The crew was very nice and knowledgable. Snorkeling was good but a little rough. The water was very clear. Lunch was good. We really did not have time to explore the island, which would have been nice.

progress.gif

I did a Coral Breeze tour last week. BF and I just wanted to get to Caye Caulker to explore it; Coral Breeze took us and other island explorers along with snorkelers, dropped us off (after a good 45 minute boat ride) on the island and then took the rest out snorkeling. There weren't that many restaurants near where CB docks, there are more restaurants the closer to the split that you get, so you'd probably be better off eating at Tropical Paradise Motel. The others who ate there seemed pretty happy with their lunch. The snorkelers said the waters were a little choppy but everyone was smiling and seemed to have a good time. Have fun!

We did this tour in January 2013. It was about a 1 hour ride by boat to Caye Caulkner, where we dropped off people. Then just a few minutes to the snorkel location. It was rough water the day we snorkeled and the water was very murky. We saw very little. Also, swimming against the strong current was pretty tiring. If it is a calm day, I'm sure its great.

After about 45 minutes, we went a short distance to the sand reef. Water here was about 5 feet deep. Lots of rays and several nurse sharks were here as the crew fed them. This was a cool experience and made up for the poor snorkeling.

We had the lunch special and the food was very good. It was ready for us when we arrived at Caye Caulkner. We had about 45 minutes to wander around the island before our return trip.

We probably would not do this excursion again as it is a 2 hour round trip motor boat ride. Not terribly comfortable for that length of trip. The day we went, they took two boats and both were full.

We like to snorkel and have had much better snorkeling experiences at other ports of call.

Archived