Carnvial Valor or Glory

In my opinion, whichever one you book is the best. ;)

The Glory and Valor were our two final choices for our cruise next April and we opted for the Valor based mainly on the age of the ships. Valor and Victory were the two final choices for our cruise in two weeks and we opted for the Victory based on itinerary for the week. Our third Carnival cruise will, most likely, be on the Glory...kind of negates the age issue mentioned earlier but it appears most likely at this time.

So, for us, Victory is best for next. Valor is best for one after next. Glory is best for one after one after next. :D

To be completely honest, I didn't like the Glory all that much. The layout was just too....I guess cramped for me. It was a bigger ship but it seemed SOOO much smaller than the Pride. I heard it was because they filled up all the extra space with more rooms. But don't get me wrong, I still loved my cruise because it was a Carnival cruise!! I will be on the Valor in July just because I love new ships. But either way its just a personal preference having already done a Spirit class ship. I'm sure you'll have a great time on either one!!

Although I had a good time on the Glory, it felt crowded, more than the Victory. Still, I am booked for Valor for next summer.

There are a couple of things going in the favor of Glory that you might want to consider:

1) Port: Orlando is close to the Glory and you can have a blast there. I spent a week there prior to the Glory cruise and loved it. Afterwards, did the Nasa center and loved that too. There is much more to do there than in Miami.

2) Airfare: at least for me, airfare to Orlando is much cheaper than going to Miami.

3) Cruise prices- I have seen prices for the Glory that were among the cheapest CCL offerred for a 7 day cruise, when compared to other 7 day cruises for the same date (by around $50 per person).

One thing in the Valor's favor is the western itnerary- it's more appealing to me than the Glory. I am doing the Valor's eastern only because my kids have never been there, otherwise I'd do the Valor's western.

Haven't sailed the Valor but we absolutely loved the Glory. We have sailed other Carnival ships including the Triumph as well. Also, the Port Canaveral area is less congested than Miami and the port is very clean and new. We would assuredly sail the Glory again. For the Valor, the western itinerary has four ports which was the #1 reason we chose the Glory but now with Progresso being discontinued, there will only be three stops.

The pool area was crowded, more than the Vic (Destiny class). Also, the lines at the buffet were longer.

Even the dining room felt crowded. They cram the tables in there and getting out to go to the bathroom was feat in squeezing by chairs, poles and servers. The dining room on the Vic was less crowded.

Imagine the Destiny with a few hundred extra people and that's what the Conquest class is like.

Don't waste your time on Carnival, go on RCCL instead??

Having been on both, with all other things being equal, I would choose CCL over RCCL. The food and service are far superior on CCL's newer ships. The RCCL new ships have some great new features and are spectacular especially if you are taking kids, but they are not enough to overcome the poor food. That being said, if I got a great deal on RCCL would I go? In a minute, but not for the same price.

Ohh....now this is going to ruffle some feathers....I have priced RCCL and Carnival and it's much, much more than $100. This year it was $800 difference for two people for exactly the same cabin and itinerary. Would I switch to another line? No, we loved the Glory and Carnival!

We had an absolutely wonderful time on the Valor and we were there on spring break. This was our 3rd cruise (1st 2 on the Victory). To me it's a beautiful ship. Crowded sure - but we didn't mind the kids at all. Of course the pools get crowded on sea days but you have to keep in mind that the pools are relatively small. Not like you could do laps or something. We're now getting ready to book the Glory for next June and yes I'm sure there will be plenty of kids but who cares. My husband and I are both 49 and our kids are grown with no grandkids as yet I've read both pros and cons about the Glory but you know......you just can't please everybody and some people you just can't please at all. Cruising is the best vacation we've ever had and I'm looking forward to our 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. etc. etc. Happy Sailing!

We've sailed on both ships; since they're the same class, they have the same layout. It depends on the itinerary you want. However, having said that...We were choosing between those 2 ships (just got back Sunday) and decided on Valor because it was new and we had already been on Glory. The bad thing was that the Valor is in Miami, and that port is horrible. On the way home, my DH said he would NEVER go out of Miami again. Port Canaveral is a snap compared to that.

We had a terrific time on both ships, and I wouldn't hesitate to go on either one again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been on RCCL Mariner of the Seas twice and it is a terrific ship. There is so much to do you will never be bored. My husband and I are in our late 30's and the demographics of this ship suite us well, plus the port is only 6 hours from our home. Since I've been on the Mariner twice I decided to visit a couple of different ports and have booked the Glory for next July but now that one of the four ports has been changed I may opt for the Miracle instead. I don't think you can go wrong with either cruise line.

Happy cruising,

Deborah

I'm still deciding between RCCL and Carnival. These are my two choices for Carnival. Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Last year on July 10, 2004 I was on Mariner of the Seas and in 2003 I was on Navigator of the Seas. I was on Carnival Pride in 2002 and I was on Explorer of the Seas in 2001. So, we switch between Carnival and Royal Caribbean. The last two years we went on Royal Caribbean but this year we are going on Carnival Valor :) In 2006, we are going on Freedom of the Seas (royal caribbean). Both cruise lines have their ups and downs I think. Carnival has better pizza then Royal Caribbean (I think RCCL tastes like a board of cheese) Carnival has a waterslide and Royal Caribbean has a concierge lounge (this lounge is for people that are diamond members 10+ cruises or people with suites) I enjoyed the concierge lounge every night. We had a suite (were on 5 royal caribbean and probably 9 carnival ...... that's why we took rccl for a whille) well, good luck on your decision.

If your looking at Mariner vs. Glory both are beautiful ships but the Mariner goes to much better ports than the Glory. On the Mariner Western - Grand Caymen, Ochos Rios, Cozumenl and their own private island were all excellent ports. We did not care for Progresso -which is being discontinued or Belize. I think with the 4 beautiful ports of the Mariner it is worth extra money then now only 3 ports on the Glory. I'm not sure where the Valor goes but hopefully it goes to better ports than the Glory.

Archived