Shore excursions and bathrooms

Terryd444

Hello everyone,

I apologize in advance for this post. But I figure there is no other place to get these questions answered as well as on this forum, so at the risk of embarrassing myself - here goes...

Due to some health issues I have to plan ahead for bathroom emergencies.

On the Carribean Hidaway shore excursions I am very reluctant to book whole day excursions due to my concerns. I really want to hear from anyone who has done any excursions (St Barts, Tortola, St Lucia , St Johns, Bridgetown) as to the following questions:

Are there plenty of opportunities for bathroom breaks?

What is the general condition of the restaurants and bar bathrooms?

What about on the boats? Speed boats would be without one I would think, but most Catamarans would have one...

I managed to tour Ukraine last August - anyone who has ever been there will understand! (Squat toilets everywhere! Some terrible outside bathrooms! Lack of paper!) I found knowing and understanding what to expect helped me to plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance for any comments and help

Terry

I had this posted in the wrong place...really hoping someone who has done any of the shore excursions for Caribbean Hideaways can comment. Either the ship excursions or passenger organized excursions would be of interest to me. I just need a general idea of what to expect. Thanks!

I had this posted in the wrong place...really hoping someone who has done any of the shore excursions for Caribbean Hideaways can comment. Either the ship excursions or passenger organized excursions would be of interest to me. I just need a general idea of what to expect. Thanks!

Hi, we did several private shore excursions on these islands and having a Mom with similar issues I am always paying attention. Restroom stops were at restaurants and a few organized attractions and they were generally clean and what you expect of a US bathroom except quality and amount of TP. Do keep Kleenex in your pockets at all times! I believe that if you do a small group excursion and note to the guide or organizer head of time that you may need a few extra breaks they can plan accordingly without too much difficulty. This is my experience - if others have same or differing - chime in! Sherri

Archived