Miracle's Port Schedule

mrvegas

You hear these type contradictions all the time from Carnival customer service. In a well oiled machine these things don't happen again and again, they get fixed. Somebody in upper mang. knows they aren't doing the job right. They need to fix it. Sounds like a simple fix to me.

Being the inquisitive type, I too called CCL yet again. Here's the schedule from June 5 through October (sorry, didn't get the Oct. end date written down) the rep (Iris) told me:

Tues GC- Same times in port

Wed Costa Maya- 12 PM to 8 PM

Thurs- Belize- 8 AM to 5 PM

Fri- Cozumel- 8 AM to 10 PM

The "My Reservation" page on CCL's website still shows the "old" itinerary :mad:

I called Carnival as soon as I saw the first post on Thursday and they told me the itinerary would not change. I called them again this morning and now they confirm that it has. When I first asked this morning they again told me it hadn't changed but when I asked her if she would please make sure and double check, she came back on and confirmed that it had.

We have the dolpin swim booked in Cozumel, fully paid for Thursday. This is my daughter's dream. She'll be crushed if we can't get it changed. I guess this is the chance you take when booking your own excursions.

Kath

I just talked with my private tour operator out of Cozumel and she stated that they are already aware of the change in schedule and are shifting everyone to Friday. So private excursions should not be a problem, everyone I talked with were very accommodating.

Can I ask who you are calling at Carnival? I called my PVP late last week, he said no change. I called the 866 number for Carnival THIS morning, and again was told, no change. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't be trusting the info Carnival is providing for me!!!I wouldn't be so concened, HOWEVER we are suppose to be snorkeling with Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel.

Can I ask who you are calling at Carnival? I called my PVP late last week, he said no change. I called the 866 number for Carnival THIS morning, and again was told, no change. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't be trusting the info Carnival is providing for me!!!I wouldn't be so concened, HOWEVER we are suppose to be snorkeling with Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel.

I ran into the "no change" Thursday thing too, but this morning apparently their system is giving the PVP a pop-up saying that the itinerary has indeed changed. I don't get it either, as this is KIND OF AN IMPORTANT PIECE OF INFORMATION, CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES!!!!

I received an email yesterday from faxadm@carnival.com with the subject 2005 Carnival Itinerary Changes that has no text in the email but had this picture attached:

miracle itinerary change picture

I got this because I booked excursions with Carnival. If I hadn't booked through carnival, I dont think that I would have gotten this which is why a lot of you maybe haven't heard this from Carnival yet? I don't know. Anyway, just thought I would share.

I called 1-800-CARNIVAL and hit option 2 and then option 2 again and asked them. They told me the old schedule, then I told them I got a letter from my TA about the change, they put me on hold and came back and confirmed the change.

I called again, at first I got "no change." I then told them someone on my cruise got an email stating there was a change, and after a 20 minute hold, they came back with the change. So, I'm going with the changed itinerary. Now to do some excursion shuffling!

Ok, this is directly from 1-888-carnival as of TODAY June 6, 2005:

There is an itenary change as follows for the sailing on 3 July:

Tues: Grand Cayman 7am-4pm

Wed: Costa Maya 12pm-8pm

Thur Belize 8am-5pm

Fri: Cozumel 8am-10pm

Second and final formal night is on Saturday instead of Friday.

Carnival is re-arranging excursions for those that have booked thru them, need to go to the Shore Excursions desk after boarding to get new itenerary and tickets.

If you booked with an outside vendor, it's up to you to contact said vendor and see if they are willing/able to change dates/times. (Girl with CCL didn't sound too promising about that) I believe that if it's a reputable company, you shouldn't have any problems, but who knows.

Carnival is re-arranging excursions for those that have booked thru them, need to go to the Shore Excursions desk after boarding to get new itenerary and tickets.

If you booked with an outside vendor, it's up to you to contact said vendor and see if they are willing/able to change dates/times. (Girl with CCL didn't sound too promising about that) I believe that if it's a reputable company, you shouldn't have any problems, but who knows.

Island Marketing, LTD is aware of the change, and will be sending out revised excursion reservation, etc information within a week or so.

We called CCL last night and we were given the same info bobandsherry have. We then called back to check a detail but were told no change had been made, we then pushed further and the person asked a supervisor and yes there has been a schedule change. I also have been told by the tour companies that they knew of the change. How nice for them. Too bad Carnival still has not elected to contact us. But I was able to change all of my tours except David and Ivan. I am still waiting to hear from them. So it looks like it will be a grand adventure for some people. CCL will probably make a killing on internet time. Well we will have a great time anyway

This is the email I got from my PVP TODAY regarding excursions:

The Fun Ships®

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL MIRACLE ITINERARY

PORTS SEQUENCE CHANGE

June 3,2005

Dear Carnival Guest

'He want to advise you that we will change the sequence of our visits to

Cozumel and Belize on the Carnival Miracle cruises departing from June

5,2005, through and including the cruise of October 2,2005.

We will now visit Belize on Thursday and Cozumel on Friday. We will also

extend the call in Cozumel with a new 10:00 PM departure time. The

changes have been made to improve your shore experience in these great

ports of call.

If you pre-booked shore excursions on cruises from June 5, 2005,through

and includingJuly 3, 2005,we will handle the change of day for the

Belize and Cozumel shore excursions onboard the cruise. For cruises from

July 10, 2005, through and including October, 2, 2005, we will be

canceling and refunding your original shore excursion purchases for

these two ports only. We request that you make new excursion

reservations for these two ports via Carnival.com starting June 15,

We want to thank you for choosing Carnival for your vacation. The

Captain, officers, staff and crew are dedicated to providing you with a

great cruise experience.

Sincerely,

Vicki L. Freed, CTC

Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing

On Miracle 7/3 with 01Sweetpea. My TA has confirmed the new itinerary.

She called Carnival this morning and the person she spoke to said there was no change, then called her back and said she received and email with change information.

Sue

On Miracle 7/3 with 01Sweetpea. My TA has confirmed the new itinerary.

She called Carnival this morning and the person she spoke to said there was no change, then called her back and said she received and email with change information.

Sue

Hey Sue... any DOCS yet? I think there are 4 of us that heve them now!

Eileen

The second formal night will be the night before debarkation? That is terrible. People are packed up by then and ususally a very casual dinner. Can anyone confirm that Saturday will be formal? If so, I definitely will miss last night in the dining room for the first time ever. I hope not!:eek:

Here's something really neat. I can still go to the "My reservations" page and book shore excursions for Cozumel on Thursday (although Belize just has the "view shore excursions"). I hit the continue bar all the way up to the part where you actually pay. Hmmm, wonder what is going on at CCL:confused:

Island Marketing, LTD is aware of the change, and will be sending out revised excursion reservation, etc information within a week or so.
Received my revised reservation notices today from all three. Island Marketing seems to be on the ball - looking forward to their great customer service on the excursions.....

I've never known of any ship schedule to do the 2nd formal on the last night.

This has to be wrong information. And speaking of "wrong" information is it not amazing how this thread continues today with more people getting the "wrong" information from Carnvial. There is no excuse on this having to call them 3 or 4 times to get a simple port change. Just how bad is Carnival and their customer service people? Pretty bad from what I read here. Is anyone from Carnvial reading this post? I'd be concerned even if I was in lower management to know they can't handle something as simple as a port change and at least giving those that call in the correct information within a 2 week time frame. PS: I leave this Sunday and they've still not notified me of the change and I booked excursions in Belize. And while the tour operations may be adjusting to this change I would think it can't always be handled so smoothly. If they already have other ships booked that day it's changed there might not be enough room to switch. These tour operations do have limited capicity. Changing days could be a nightmare when they don't have the room. I'd be doing some calling before I would assume they had it changed without a hitch.

Well, Carnival is no different than any other LARGE company on miss-information.

WE know that the employees that we talk to on the phone SHOULD be the first to know what is going on to prevent mass confusion, BUT the chain of command policy that these large companies enforce is very outdated and SLOW.

Goes mostly like this...

CEO,COO, Board, et all>Legal>Research>Marketing>HR>Marketing>Legal>CEO, et all again>Legal>Senior VP's>VP's>Directors>Senior Management>Supervisors>Technical Staff>Supervisors>Call Centers/Phone Reps.

And heaven forbid any of the above have questions…meetings, meetings, more meetings and late night conference calls trying to implement the changes…UGH

We usually start hearing the "rumors" or "leaks" around research/marketing so when we call the phone reps of course the know nothing about what is going on. They unfortunately get miss-information just like we do and sometimes even worse info at times and pass it on to us. With thousands of employees and millions of customers, it's very hard to reach everyone and it falls on the VP's/Directors to make sure the info gets to where it needs to go. Unfortunately that does not always happen. Not fair, not right, but that is how it is. And with technology the way it is today, you would think that there would be no problems what so ever, but sadly I don't believe that will ever be the case. It's not all just customer service....remember the old saying, "Don't shoot the messenger"

Stepping down off my soap box and moving on...;)

I was told by a phone rep when I called yesterday that formal night was on Sat...She was very sure about it. I am VERY glad and EXTREMELY relieved to hear that it is on THURSDAY night.:D

Serena

Well put, Serena.

F5Loar, if you are sailing this Sunday, you should be calling Carnival just to be sure. As Serena noted, Carnival is a large corporation. I'm sure they are working to notify everyone. They do have more than 2000 people to notify just for next week's sailing.

I'm not sailing until July. I've not had formal notification yet. However if I have not received notification within the next four weeks, I will be calling them to follow up.

We are going to be on Miracle Sunday also. We were told that the 2nd formal night will be on Saturday. They said the reason for Saturday was that it was a day at sea. I don't know but I guess we will find out when we get on the ship unless someone from this week tells us.

I am still trying to rebook tours. My most challangeing has been the Parasailing on Cozumel. I am almost ready to give up with that one.

Hate to muck up the waters even more but I called Carnival yesterday to verify the port times and the 2nd formal night. I was told that the formal nights are always on the 2nd and 6th night of the 7 day cruises and it the times in ports have no bearing on this. I guess we'll have to wait to hear from the folks who are crusing the Miracle this week.

Archived