Unlimited Internet-Gem?

sesasheep

Does the Gem offer unlimited internet packages for purchase? Considering a last minute cruise, and had heard that there were changes to the prices and packages for internet, but had not heard the details and on what ships. If not unlimited, what other options are there?

-sesasheep

I've never heard of an unlimited package. They have Wi-Fi full ship on many of the ships now, but everything I've read about using it is by per-minute packages. For instance, they have a 250 minute package. The larger packages are specifically for longer cruises, but I can't imagine they wouldn't let you purchase more than one package, if you really need that much internet. Personally, I've reordered my workload to minimize how much I have to do from the ship. Depends on what you need and how you can juggle.

BDL

Most recent update , Do not see an unlimited option but ya never know.

Pay as you go: $0.75 per minute

Longer Cruise (6 days and longer) Time Package Plans:

250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)

100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)

Pay as you go $0.75 per minute

Short Cruise (5 days and shorter) Time Package Plans:

60 minutes for $24 ($0.40 per minute)

30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)

Pay as you go $0.75 per minute

*Activation Fee of $3.95 for initial log-in only.

Yup must have been carnival. Booking this as a last minute thing so still will have alot of work to do onboard, but $100 for 250 min is not horrible with the latitudes coupon and early signup bonus thats 290 min for $100 and that should be enough.

-skisheep

The internet is painfully slow - last year a won a 100 minute package at the Latitudes party and I was barely able to send 3 emails and look at only a few web pages during that time - very frustrating. You may want to explore options in the ports (I am fairly certain San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Marten should be able to get wi-fi relatively easily) - this could be a plan B if you are not as productive online on the ship as you need to be!

Archived