Carnival's Secret Teaser

kalley79

Just went to Carnivals website and they have something about a secret that something awesome will happen in 42 hrs. I sure this is just a marketing ploy of some sort. That being said, my husband and I are planning a cruise for this March and have been waiting to book until we receive a bonus he was getting from his job. Well, the check came today and I was going to check prices for our cruise and there are rates available that are as low as I have seen them for this particular sailing. Does anyone have any insight into this something awesome they are teasing? Or, should I go ahead and book for the current decent price? I am very torn. Thanks for any guidance you can give.

MIAMI, Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – Carnival Cruise Lines is launching a seven-day Vacation Awesome-ation promotion featuring $100,000 in cruise prize giveaways to create the ultimate, awesome vacation, beginning Sunday, January 27, 2013.

Consumers who book during the one-week promotional period can take advantage of 50 percent reduced deposits on the line’s most popular fares, including Past Guest rates and, for the first time, Early Saver rates. They are also entered to win a variety of spectacular prizes and upgrades on their Carnival cruise vacation.

Through February 2, 2013, consumers who book a cruise in any stateroom category will automatically be entered to win a prize package worth up to $1,000 that includes stateroom upgrades and an array of fantastic prizes including spa treatments, shore excursions and specialty dining, as well as drink and photo packages.

Sample stateroom upgrades include interior to ocean view, ocean view to balcony or balcony to suite accommodations, based on availability. Onboard credits include $280 worth of relaxing spa treatments; $160 worth of exciting shore excursions; along with additional credits for dinner in specialty restaurants, and drink and photo packages.

Prize packages will be awarded daily with 100 total winners during the week-long promotion. Guests are encouraged to book early as they will be re-entered into the prize drawing each day during the promotional period once they’ve made their reservation.

“The Vacation Awesome-ation event provides a great opportunity for consumers not only to get a terrific deal on a Carnival cruise but also a chance to win a variety of fantastic prizes to make a great vacation experience truly extraordinary,” said Jim Berra, chief marketing officer for Carnival Cruise Lines.

The Vacation Awesome-ation event will run from January 27 through February 2, 2013. For additional information regarding the promotion, including full promotion rules and alternative entry methods, please visit http://www.carnival.com/legal/vacation-awesomeation-event-terms.aspx.

I'm new to this early saver bit....if we have already booked and this sale has cheaper prices can we submit a price adjustment?

This early saver stuff is confusing :confused:

Thanks!

Lara

Yes. The summer sale saved me a few hundred off my ES rate. Just make sure you are matching categories.

In short:

Another non-sale, sale.

I love all there non-sale sales!

There have been so many sales since we booked (10/12) and prices have just been driven higher and higher. I wish they would go down so I could possibly upgrade. But if not thats fine too! I'm happy with my price and cabin.

I do like the 50% deposits though. Trying to make deposits for 4 of us can be expensive. So maybe I will look to booking something for next winter so I ahve plenty of time to pay on it and did not go broke booking!

This just sucks! I'm already booked and I'm not going to cancel my booking just to be entered into a sweepstake! And I got free money with my booking that I'd loose. And yes, it is free money...the cost of the cruise is still the same as the cost I paid for mine with the free OBC. /// Update: I read the rules. You can enter with an alternative method and if you should win, the prize will be awarded with a Carnival Gift Card.

I'm new to this early saver bit....if we have already booked and this sale has cheaper prices can we submit a price adjustment?

This early saver stuff is confusing :confused:

Thanks!

Lara

Yes, up until 2 days before sailing, if your cabin catagory drops in pricing you go online and submit the "Early Saver Price Drop" form......they adjust the pricing.

If it is before Final Payment date, they adjust the bottom line that you owe. If it is after Final Payment you will receive an onboard credit.

But watch out, if " govt taxes/fees" goes up (which it often does), it will be adjusted including the higher taxes (so you will receive a smaller credit).

MIAMI, Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ –

“The Vacation Awesome-ation event provides a great opportunity for consumers not only to get a terrific deal on a Carnival cruise but also a chance to win a variety of fantastic prizes to make a great vacation experience truly extraordinary,” said Jim Berra, chief marketing officer for Carnival Cruise Lines.

And if Jim says it . . . it must be true.

Archived