IC Tahiti Tahitian Dance Shows

dstables

We will be on the Ocean Princess this February and are looking for a current opinion if the IC Tahiti Tahitian Dance show on Wednesday and Fridays are worth seeing or are the ones that we will see on Princess be as good? Which show at IC is better, Wednesday or Friday?

Friday show will be the best of the 2.

The show at the IC will be far superior than anything you will see on the OP.

Hi Tikiintahiti! Thanks for all the info you so generously share.

We arrive there this Friday morning. Should we book the show now or should we wait until we check in to the IC Friday morning? Is it one price? Can you reserve specific seats? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Patti

There shouldn't be a problem getting a table/seat as this is the off season but to obtain the best seating I would reserve ahead but make sure you request a seat close to the stage and in the center.

There are a few areas you can sit and watch from a distance though the better seating is reserved for the dinner guest.

Personally I always grab a few expensive drinks to 'pay' for the show as it is an expensive show to produce as the cast is large. Another words I'm a strong believer in support of some kind.

There shouldn't be a problem getting a table/seat as this is the off season but to obtain the best seating I would reserve ahead but make sure you request a seat close to the stage and in the center.

There are a few areas you can sit and watch from a distance though the better seating is reserved for the dinner guest.

Personally I always grab a few expensive drinks to 'pay' for the show as it is an expensive show to produce as the cast is large. Another words I'm a strong believer in support of some kind.

Would you recommend the dinner? If not, where would you suggest?

Thank you so much for answering my questions. I have a few more but I don't want to hijack this thread so I will pose them in another. Thanks again.

Patti

Dinner is good, all depends what your budget is. For some the dinner show isn't a big deal price wise, for some it is.

I remember my 1st trip to FP, our honeymoon. We took a whole 70 lb suitcase of food but it was the only way we could afford going. We stayed at the Sofitel Moorea, got a free upgrade to a beach view and we had a blast though we ate most of our meals on our porch from food out of our suitcase.

18 trips now and no, we no longer take our own food. :D

I also have a question about this activity - the Friday night show. How much is the dinner and what kind of menu? Do you have to get the dinner to see the show? Is there a combo price that is better that includes dinner and show? Or would it be better to eat at another restaurant and see show afterwards?

Thanks,

Kathy

Well--having been there many times on show night--Here is an easy thing to do--Plan to eat dinner early--don't sit in the mainn dining room --be seatednext to it across from the bar--sit in front--there is your show.

Looking at the stage from the dining room--just on the left is the section I'm thinking about.

Found this only by NOT wanting to see the show and wound up with excellent seats!!!!

Nancy:D:D:D

Much more difficult to find a good place to sit unless you buy dinner. when your facing the stage the bar is to the right, there is some seating there but nothing real close.

On the left there was a area that you could sit but that area is now closed off. There is a small area behind the low hedge for smokers to puff away but then again your not real close.

You can sit on the steps on the left right next to the left side of the stage, sometimes the mamas will bring you a chair. This is a fun spot as you get to see the troup come and go from the stage but you are not real close when they are dancing.

What I've been told is wait for dinner to be pretty much over then feel free to go find an empty seat. As I said it is good manners to at least buy a few expensive foo foo drinks to help with the cost as it does take a good amount of money to put on a first rate show like they do.

I always try and be fair ;)

Do you spend much time on bora Bora--we like the IC there--been about 1-1/2 years since we've been there--My first trip was in 1979 or whatever year Bloody Marys opened--the whole place wasn't as large as the inside of the bar is now--My how things have changed--The Bora Bora male found it difficult to get used to clothing at that time--How time has changed things--

Live in Southern CA ??

My first time in Bora Bora we stayed where the movie Hurricane was made--think we slept in what was the make up area--had a couple of showers and toilets and 2 vanities with mirrors--no doors could be locked which wasn't a problem--We had folks from Club Med come to eat dinner with us a great deal of the time--At that time Club Med had very limited power--I know we had some power--although not too much.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back and went to the Friday night show. If you don't want to order the seafood buffet, they will let you order off the menu. Food was excellent and without drinks dinner cost us about $90 with desserts and the show. It was a great deal. Be sure to make a reservation so you get good seats.

Archived