NCL Jewel with a 2 yr old?

mymi

We are thinking about cruising the NCL Jewel out of New Orleans in OCT with our two year old. She has been on two previous cruises, both on Carnival! She had a blast. I want to know if NCL has anything to offer a small child? Are there things to do. I've sailed NCL once before and loved the clubs and karaoke bar. These things can't be done with a two year old. Now I know that there aren't many things to do on board with a small child, but is it even worth the trip with a 2 year old. As stated before we have always sailed carnival with her and although she isn't old enough to do the camps and such she did enjoy walking around the ship and watching the shows and such. Thanks in advance.

We are thinking about cruising the NCL Jewel out of New Orleans in OCT with our two year old. She has been on two previous cruises, both on Carnival! She had a blast. I want to know if NCL has anything to offer a small child? Are there things to do. I've sailed NCL once before and loved the clubs and karaoke bar. These things can't be done with a two year old. Now I know that there aren't many things to do on board with a small child, but is it even worth the trip with a 2 year old. As stated before we have always sailed carnival with her and although she isn't old enough to do the camps and such she did enjoy walking around the ship and watching the shows and such. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately there are no club or sitting services for children less than 3 yo on NCL (except their guppies program but it requires a parent to be there). We took our 8 mo on a cruise and it was a lot of fun. We are sailing again on NCL and she will be 20 months old but we have family coming with us. If we didn't we probably would have booked Royal Carribbean or Disney so she could be watched in the nursery a couple of nights.

NCL staff love the little ones and our daughter was treated like a princess. She loved being on the ship (I think :)). The other nice thing about NCL is the flexible dining which allows you to work around your kids clock rather than being forced to eat at a set time.

Anyway, not sure if we would do another NCL cruise if it was just me and my husband until she was old enough for kids club.

Have a great cruise!

Coffeecat

Thanks. She went on her first one at 8 months old and her second one she was 20 months old. She had a blast both times. We were on carnival. The staff and everyone were so nice. We had a stroler and that seemed to get us lots of help. Lol! We like booking the suites with carnival because we can go through VIP check in which allows us to just basically get directly on board without having to wait in line. Really nice with a busy toddler. Not sure how fast the lines with NCL are and not sure how understanding our 2 year old with be with the wait.

Archived