Slightly Different Tours in Edinburgh

If you are looking for something slightly different to do in Edinburgh here are a couple of possibilities

Mary King's Close

www.realmarykingsclose.com

This is a tour beneath the Edinburgh City Chambers (on the Royal Mile / High Street) which takes you to streets which used to be open to the skies but are now covered over by the current Royal Mile etc. I've been on this twice. The first time was before it was open to the public but I was on it last year when it was a tourist attraction. Open during the day.

Witchery Tour

www.witcherytours.com

These are held mainly in the evening but I did notice on their website that daytime tours can be arranged for parties of 15 or more. The tours start on the Royal Mile just down from the castle and take you round (walking) some of the interesting sites of old Edinburgh. I've been on this 2 or 3 times and really enjoyed it.

Probably of most interest if you have already visited Edinburgh and have already seen the most popular places - Castle, Holyrood Palace etc.

Thanks for that Calmac, I am up in Scotland for a weeks walking in the highlands starting next Friday and we are stopping for a night in Edinburgh on the way home. I will definately have a look at Mary King's Close.

Nick.

Archived