western or eastern Caribbean cruise

vinandsyl

Our favorite cruise was when we went to Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. We've been to the Eastern Caribbean, but like the west much better. Just an opinion. New Orleans is a fantastic place to visit and and cruise from. We always spend a couple of extra days just seeing the city.

We have done 4 cruises, all on Royal Caribbean. They are fantastic! We do a cruise scheduled with Carnival in August, leaving from New Orleans.

We have sailed out of New Orleans many times on Carnival. Will see sailing NCL in Feb. We have done all ports. I like both for different reasons. I like the Eastern for the stop in Key West.

Key West is probably my favorite port of all ports. DH is a big Jimmy Buffet fan so we love walking around. Always something new to do.

Cozumel is also one of our favorites. Been there at least 10 times and can always find something new to do.

That being said... either cruise is fantastic and since we can't mix and match ports from different cruises... we alternate which ones we take. I don't think you will be sorry with either cruise.

Archived